Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
09-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
I think STO really needs to have their development team and management sit down with the playerbase and discuss the issues.
Indeed, even if the Federation and Klingon forums elected a representative to talk to the Dev's on their behalf. I already know who I would vote for, and I think it's critically important that the Dev's get off their butt and start paying attention to their customers. We all feel unappreciated especially us KDF fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
The game received nothing 'new' for 6 months that cycle took but the result of their efforts was a playerbase that knew that it was not pointless to report bugs , that it was not pointless to give suggestions on the forums and most importantly: that they were heard.
This is something we don't get here and it peeves the player base off more than anything. I am not even bothering with the Ask Cryptic as it's so rigged with Mr Stahl choosing the questions to be answered and he picks the easy fluff Federation ones mainly, rarely answers any hard ones and when he does, he doesn't actually answer them, especially in regards to the KDF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I look forward to listening in 12 hours and hope to have found it worthwhile.

Edit: Read and listen it seems.......
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 09-24-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-24-2012, 07:25 AM
The entire Blog basically is the same as it ever has been when the Devs talk of the KDF, though it had less "run-around" in my opinion and does point to the possibility of better things for the KDF in seasons ahead.
Lets hope Dstahl and the Dev team keep thier eyes on the KDF and do not become distracted in its growth. We KDf fans can help this by continueing to let them know our desires.

on the topic of lock boxes and consoles;
Quote:
STO Dev Team: In regards to cross-faction consoles, it is important to note that these have limited availability to the opposite faction because they are included in Lock Boxes as one of the more rare prizes. As we consider future Lock Box offerings, we will be looking at which consoles will be available through these means. However, our current intention is that Tier 5 consoles will remain faction specific ? these are the consoles we feel draw players to other factions.
I find the above red statement to be false for the most part when dealing with any Lock Box item, be it consoles, ship, etc.
None of them are rare as so many boxes are opened by the playerbase, to get what ever item said player is chasing, that many of these limited and rare items end up in the exchange and are not really that rare at all.
For example, the bug ships exist like cockroaches in STO seeming hardly rare at all and its one of the few items never repeated in a Lockbox.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 14
09-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Sadly "rare" is subjective. I'm often surprised with how many Jem'hadar ships I see, for example.

That said, I'm looking forward to the next year, slow going though it may be for us. If not for the Starbases, and subsequent responsibilities I have undertaken for our House, I would likely have run off to some other game until we had more content...
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Career Officer
# 15
09-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Q: Combined Question (Trek 21, sechserpackung, and kilemorgan): What?s the status on making more KDF ship designs, be they Klingon or non-Klingon? In addition, if we were to get new ships would it be possible to give a nod and helping hand to KDF sci captains considering that they are forced to use BOP?s most of the time. (E.g. if you were to make a c-store Neg Var like the Regent Class could we get a Lt. Commander Universal or if it is tac/sci have the same tac/sci lieutenant slot be universal? [LTC Tac/LT Sci/LT Universal]). The empire needs a true science vessel to call its own.
Quote:
STO Dev Team: We?ll be introducing more KDF ships in the future ? watch out for Dev Blogs on the topic, including one as early as next week (the week of the 24th). Also, feel free to leave your feedback in the KDF Shipyards forum as we are watching for feedback and player suggestions.
Well at least that sounds good on paper (or whatever one wants to call something written on a compuer screen these days).
Perhaps they'll actually read feedback the playerbase posts on this.
I'm a bit sad that while my thread on scouts had over 400 reads there was very little comment on it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=374791

Is this really that uninteresting to the KDF playerbase as a whole?

*EDIT, since the new timeships are appearently our "newly introduced ships", I think this does not bode well for the future/*

Last edited by misterde3; 09-25-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
09-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well at least that sounds good on paper (or whatever one wants to call something written on a compuer screen these days).
Perhaps they'll actually read feedback the playerbase posts on this.
I'm a bit sad that while my thread on scouts had over 400 reads there was very little comment on it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=374791

Is this really that uninteresting to the KDF playerbase as a whole?

*EDIT, since the new timeships are appearently our "newly introduced ships", I think this does not bode well for the future/*
"At least that looks good in Pixel"?

Are you worried that future KDF ships and content from here on will be mainly LockBox oriented?
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 17
09-25-2012, 11:17 AM
everything will be lockbox oriented. They have smelled profit in the turd bucket and the mugato has been deployed to fling it our direction.

har har har...
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 18
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
"At least that looks good in Pixel"?
Sorta...kinda...though my first thought when I read this was how they got that whole text squeezed onto one poor pixel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Are you worried that future KDF ships and content from here on will be mainly LockBox oriented?
Yep.
They keep telling us KDF stuff does not sell well in th C-Store.
But they want our feedback what we really want to see.
I think you can figure out the rest.
I assume they think they can get more money out of the ships this way.

Last edited by misterde3; 09-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Captain
# 19
09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
These two caught my attention:

Quote:
Q: Combined Question (majesticmsfc and Soriedem): For many of us, the KDF is the only thing keeping us in the game, putting money into the game, yet the lack of development and c-store releases is a missed opportunity for Cryptic and PWE to capitalize on and make money?not to mention to please your customers, who are screaming for things to buy and bring something new to their beloved faction. Will there be a shift here to capitalize on this untapped market, bring in some new items like costumes, bundles and ships? If not why not? Similarly, does Cryptic / PWE even intend to make the KDF an equal faction to the Federation? Are they willing to expend the resources to get it there? If not, how far are they willing to take it?

dStahl: Ever since launch, when KDF was released as a PvP only faction, we have been committed to the player request to make the KDF faction a full PvE experience. Ever since then we?ve been slowly building new zones, new ships, and new mission that both factions can play in order to give the KDF player something other than PvP. Nowhere is this more apparent than our most recent update where the KDF has their own unique Starbase exterior and interior. If the question is ?why don?t we sell more KDF ships?? the first answer is, we have made a lot of KDF ships and not many of them have sold. We continue to make them and release them regularly. There needs to be more KDF players in order for the ship releases to be as hectic as on the Fed side. This is why we?re committed to continuing to build the KDF faction so that someday they can start at level 1 and hopefully this will bring in more players to this faction.
And how many are endgame ships ?

Quote:
Q: Combined Question (Majesticmsfc and jnohd): Why were no KDF ships added as fleet ships? For instance, why were the Varanus, Kar?Fi and B?rel Retrofit (3 KDF ships that could qualify for a fleet ship and give KDF a discount), not included? Can they be added to give KDF players the discount option?

STO Dev Team: When we were preparing to launch Season 6, we took a look at which ships to make available in the Fleet Store ? for the KDF, we decided on the 16 that are listed in this blog (http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=621601). While not everyone?s favorite ship might have made the initial list, we plan to add more in future Seasons and updates.

Fleet ships typically cost 4 Fleet Ship Modules. However, if you already own the Tier 5 C-Store* Version of a Fleet Ship, you will get a 75% Fleet Ship Module discount to purchase the Fleet version. When we add more KDF ships to the Fleet Store, if they fall into this criterion, they too will be offered that discount.

*C-Store version means that it was actually purchased as the account-wide unlock, and not earned via Emblems or Ship Tokens received via a rank-up
How many KDF ships qualify ? If you answered ZERO you would be pretty freekin close.

Dan, you sir are VERY out of touch with your game.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 20
09-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Indeed. If the Fleet Norgh is truly Tier 5 quality, I'll eat my hat. I bought one, it's a liability in any team event (STFs, PvP arenas, C&H...) I don't think that applies to ANY of the Feddie Fleet vessels.

A LIABILITY to your whole TEAM, Devs. and that's not against just the Lockbox toys, that's against ships 2 tiers LOWER on the scale.