Ensign
# 1 Romulans Locked (Tribble)
04-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Im not sure if this is the right area to post, but I have 2 level 50 characters on tribble and when I go to create a new character it says i need a fed lv 25 to play romulans
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Devs REALLY need to sticky what is going on right now lol

Romulans are only playable right now to those people who got the beta invite on Thursday.

it is totally random on who got the invite it seems, as there were players who have just started playing ho got an invite...and players who have been in since the beginning who DIDNT get an invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Ensign
# 3
04-22-2013, 01:58 AM
Thanks for clarifying, some of my friends had the roms accessed and they didnt have any clue about a invite and just thought it was a bug on my end.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-22-2013, 04:33 AM
This is where it gets confusing. I got an invite on this account, but on my LTS account I got no invite, yet I am able to play LOR on both accounts....

It is possible to not get an email and still be able to play in the closed beta. I put it down to the email getting lost along the way.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Sci Vulcan (Maelrock) Tac Andorian (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2013, 12:10 PM
So you get to play as a Romulan by chance?
Captain
# 6
04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glados122 View Post
I think the first round of invited go to people who test on Tribble a lot. The next round will probably have looser restrictions.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 7
04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glados122 View Post
The people who test Tribble regularly got an invite. After that it's just random as to what players were given an invite - just like most Betas.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
# 8
04-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The people who test Tribble regularly got an invite. After that it's just random as to what players were given an invite - just like most Betas.
You'd think they'd... oh I don't know... give it to people who bought the LoR pack/LTS and have been playing since the original beta... but no, random seems like a way better idea.

Yeah lets do that...

Nice one Cryptic.
Captain
# 9
04-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionlyth View Post
You'd think they'd... oh I don't know... give it to people who bought the LoR pack/LTS and have been playing since the original beta... but no, random seems like a way better idea.

Yeah lets do that...

Nice one Cryptic.
The Beta was opened the same day the Legacy Pack was released. And there is no way of knowing how many people would partake of the pre-order. As such it makes far more sense for buyers to make it into Round 2.

And even you must agree it makes more sense for established playtesters to test first rather then people who simply want to play but have no history in offering feedback? After all, it's a Beta, not a come and play test.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
# 10
04-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Beta was opened the same day the Legacy Pack was released. And there is no way of knowing how many people would partake of the pre-order. As such it makes far more sense for buyers to make it into Round 2.

And even you must agree it makes more sense for established playtesters to test first rather then people who simply want to play but have no history in offering feedback? After all, it's a Beta, not a come and play test.
I agree 100% that established testers should get in first. Where I disagree is I know that some brand new players who are FTP and have been playing for weeks got in, and that's were I have a problem.

Shouldn't you reward your loyal players first before giving the invite to whose who may or may not even care or be playing tomorrow?