Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Holding: Espionage
04-25-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure which forum to put this under, so I'll put it here.

I see Factional differences, in terms of gear and stuff, to mainly be that of the Ships. If you want a cool ship that does X, you go with Faction Y. The actual gear you equip should be the same.

But we know that Fed and KDF get different weapons. And that a lot of people on either side would rather have the other's weapons.

So what if we got an Espionage Holding that unlocked Elite Weapons of the other faction(s) as its ultimate unlock (whether espionage be a 3, 5, or whatever tier progression). Perhaps have a dual unlock prerequisite (ie, to get Elite Space weapons from the other faction, you'd need T5 Engy AND max Tier Espionage).
Career Officer
# 2
04-25-2013, 10:27 AM
That is an interesting idea. Even a sort of black market holding which could be supplied by Ferengi.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
this sounds better as a personal reputation item rather than a fleet holding

and the two can be linked in that way
Career Officer
# 4
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
i dunno about this, think about it, instead of wasting thousands of hours on getting a t4 shipyard and all those credits and such, when you could infiltrate another fleet with a spy and steal that tech without having to research it. clearly ship designs and special abilites will have to be off limits, it would be heresy having a federation crew man a klingon ship and destroy other klingons... although that idea is kinda appealing .. anyway, it would have to be greatly restricted in scope with its design so it cant be exploited to bypass dilithium credit counts, xp and such..

i would like to see a percent based chance of acquiring an item and under that fleet holding based on the opposite number on the other starbase you are targeting, depending how successful your spy is and how many levels you can grind up you have a fairly good chance of success against a spy on the other starbase that isnt as developed, but it can still fail and its the same the other side against you.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.