Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 31
09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;5820811]
Quote:
How so?
What evidence that the High End KDF players have had Dev help in being competant and skilled players in PvP?
Where is this Iwin button that every KDF players knows about but me?

There is no "very easy" for the KDF, there is only skill, experience and knowing how the game works. That is the only "it" that exists in PvP.

Those that learn "it" all prosper and seem like gods in PvP.
Those that half-ass learn "it" (me for example) sometimes can do good in PvP.
Those that just blaim "it" for losing to those that learned "it" all, merely sound like the losers they are.

and no, I do not place you, StarWrath, in that last group.
Agreed. Players like 'Strike.' and other high-level players (Sad Pandas, some of the ISC folks, Lafamilia members, etc) make it seem effortless, but they're really just good. They use keybinds, have things laid out just right (all the way down to the positioning of the keybinds on their keyboard), and have a good sense of timing, AND can handle the chaotic multitasking of a multi-ship battle. They're also most likely using a full-fledged gaming rig, etc. Me, I'm running a cheap-ish laptop with a mouse and keyboard extension plugged in, and I like to think I do fairly well in PvP. Maybe it's because I'm flying a Hegh'ta BoP (which will be an outmoded ship in PvP when the Fleet Hoh'sus reaches wide availaibility), and that affects my combat ability somewhat, I dunno. . .
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 32
09-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
If you do not properly time or buff resist and cloak in combat you will go boom more often than not whole under attack.

The KDF gots it easy is so easy is bogus. We do not have any easyness given by the Devs. We just have the skills of cloak and our warships to use best we can. If the KDF had dev buffed stuff you would see KDF teams more dominate high end PvP.
How can I buff naked hull? Because when my shields go down and my buffs are all up, my hull still goes away like crazy. How is it that he KDF can buff thier hull but us ships without cloak can't buff our hulls when our shields go down? Sounds lopsideded to me.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 33
09-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Canon has nothing to do with STO.

Secondly, its easy to buff one's BoP to survive cloaking in battle under fire if one knows what abilities to use before hitting cloak and has them in one's build. It doesn;t always work mind you as thier are ways to strip the buffs but when it does, it does well.

While only the B'rel-R can heal while cloaked the ability to heal oneself and prep shields as one comes out of cloak is easy, if one practices, so that you can decloak, buff and have full shields/Hull almost immediatly.

The possibility that your BoP opponent cheated or exploited the system is low and it sounds as if they where just a highly experienced BoP player.
If it has nothing to do with Star Trek, then change the damn, name. Everytime somebody suggest to make some common sense ativity that other MMO's do then the Devs say, "we can't because we have to get permission from CBS and we must follow Star Trek lore."

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. Either its Star Trek or its not. If not then you can't use the name.

If you are not a DEV then you can not tell me what this game is and is not. If this game is not Star Trek, I want see it and hear it directly from a Dev.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 34
09-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Reality exists as shades of gray. STO and certain other productions are referred to as 'soft canon'. It's not official Star Trek canon, and doesn't conform to the limitations of Star Trek canon. Hence, it's 'technically' not 'Star Trek', because the content and the game storyline/timeline is not established canon.

Understand what I mean?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 35
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
How can I buff naked hull? Because when my shields go down and my buffs are all up, my hull still goes away like crazy. How is it that he KDF can buff thier hull but us ships without cloak can't buff our hulls when our shields go down? Sounds lopsideded to me.
lol- the same way everyone in STO buffs thier hulls,

A2sif, HE, PH, ApO, A2D and BFI. All these abilities have a buff to all damage resistance.

So in the case of a BoP fleeing to cloak in combat, one must hit a AuxBatt or switch to a highAUx power setting then use most of these abilities (or combinations that do not cause cross coold downs) for maximum defensive buffs before one cloaks.
Some of these buffs can go as high as 50%+ before they expire.
A few seconds after claoking is all one needs to survive long enough to escape.

As a non-cloaker the same implies. If possible and the abilities are free the same applies. The only difference is that if you have not escaped in that time your foe may still be able to kill you after the buffs wear off.

Any ship can do this regardless if the cloak or not. The ability to cloak merely makes the window smaller in which the player must survive the incomming damage.

Hardly lopsided at all, nor some huge secret availible only to the KDF.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 36
09-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
If you are not a DEV then you can not tell me what this game is and is not.
So what you're saying is everybody has to be quiet in this thread because they're not a dev (except you)?

Dude, I've fought you and you're not terrible despite your handicap in the X. Heck, I was the one screaming "Oh the shame!" in zone when I died to a lance that I think was yours the other day. But seriously, everybody gets to talk here, and starting a thread then saying "La la la I'm not listening because you're not a dev" is weaksauce. As is saying you don't care about what anybody has to say who doesn't care about canon.

People have tried to talk to you about the mechanics behind what you see as the problem, but you haven't been receptive.

So listen: it's called a Battle Cloak, not Combat Cloak. Roll a klink, fly a BoP, learn the ins and outs of the Battle Cloak. Then, get back in your Gal-X and note the increased frequency with which you destroy BoPs because you now understand your enemy.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,441
# 37
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
If it has nothing to do with Star Trek, then change the damn, name. Everytime somebody suggest to make some common sense ativity that other MMO's do then the Devs say, "we can't because we have to get permission from CBS and we must follow Star Trek lore."

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. Either its Star Trek or its not. If not then you can't use the name.

If you are not a DEV then you can not tell me what this game is and is not. If this game is not Star Trek, I want see it and hear it directly from a Dev.
Now I understand what the mistake is. You think that Canon should also apply to PVP. While it's fine to apply Canon from Star Trek to Star Trek Online's PVE, it is not ok to try and cram that into something that a player can eaisly abuse or find ways around in PVP. Especially when your involved with a Team Effort (unless your private 1v1ing or Fight Clubbing in Ker'rat)

Canon has no place in PVP. If you want Canon, go fly in the PVE missions on Normal. That should be Canon enough for you.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 38
09-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
lol- the same way everyone in STO buffs thier hulls,

A2sif, HE, PH, ApO, A2D and BFI. All these abilities have a buff to all damage resistance.

So in the case of a BoP fleeing to cloak in combat, one must hit a AuxBatt or switch to a highAUx power setting then use most of these abilities (or combinations that do not cause cross coold downs) for maximum defensive buffs before one cloaks.
Some of these buffs can go as high as 50%+ before they expire.
A few seconds after claoking is all one needs to survive long enough to escape.

As a non-cloaker the same implies. If possible and the abilities are free the same applies. The only difference is that if you have not escaped in that time your foe may still be able to kill you after the buffs wear off.

Any ship can do this regardless if the cloak or not. The ability to cloak merely makes the window smaller in which the player must survive the incomming damage.

Hardly lopsided at all, nor some huge secret availible only to the KDF.
the problem I run into is tha i can't get my shield to rotate over fast enough before my hull is gone. When I use TAC team, it will exaust my other shields to protect the facing one. Brace for impact only helps if you have a certain purple duty officer wight i don't have for most of my characters.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 39
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
the problem I run into is tha i can't get my shield to rotate over fast enough before my hull is gone. When I use TAC team, it will exaust my other shields to protect the facing one. Brace for impact only helps if you have a certain purple duty officer wight i don't have for most of my characters.
Try 3 purples. And one for the resist. Yes, the investment is steep in terms of time or EC, but there's a reason everybody is doing it.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 40
09-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
the problem I run into is tha i can't get my shield to rotate over fast enough before my hull is gone. When I use TAC team, it will exaust my other shields to protect the facing one. Brace for impact only helps if you have a certain purple duty officer wight i don't have for most of my characters.
Tacteam is best used with a shield heal instead of by itself (unless you are running from a foe and only need one facing up).
Transfer shields is great as is EPTS. Though RSP works best. Most time the shields will not heal well or quickly because the shield points cap is so high and the regenrate is too low togrow them fast.

BFI is the old standby for any BoP escaping to cloak. As Husanak has stated many times in the last two years it is very useful even witjout the DOffs

Do you rotate shield heals? I have one build where I constantly rotate TT+TSS+EPTS (or EPTA) and it works well unless Im debuffed.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 09-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.