Lt. Commander
I have yet to do this chain yet.

What is the list of assignments that give your some form of alien artifact that you use in building a console.

Are anyone of the assignments repeatable?

I heard that childs toys is not are there other that are?

after you have an artifact how many assignments do you have to do before you have your console

Are crafting skills and crafting at memery alpha required to make the console.. If so what is it that you carft in this assignment chain there.
Career Officer
# 2
09-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Career Officer
# 3
09-20-2012, 07:26 AM
ive been in the "areas" for the past week trying to get this assignment chain...no glory.

what gives?
was sir_james_of_cadiz on cryptics forums...did not get to keep the name

Career Officer
# 4
09-23-2012, 08:13 AM
not sure if this even exists anymore...for the life of me i am not able to get this mission...it never shows up anywhere in the areas as sto wiki says...sad i am.

Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepcalmchiveon View Post
not sure if this even exists anymore...for the life of me i am not able to get this mission...it never shows up anywhere in the areas as sto wiki says...sad i am.
I know this might sound like I'm kicking you while you're down, but I got it with one of my characters. So uh, keep trying I guess?
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-23-2012, 09:07 AM
The wiki is notably devoid of useful information. What do the artifacts actually DO?
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.

Last edited by qqqqii; 09-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
09-23-2012, 09:34 AM
I did this chain when it first came out. It seems to have changed a bit since then. From what I gather, once you complete "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" by finding it in any of the Cardassian sectors and exploration clusters, everything else can be done from your ship.

The Four Steps:
1. Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities
2. Decipher the Markings
3. Infuse Alien Artifact
4. Fabricate Console

The second step, Decipher the Markings, can be accessed from your science officer on your ship (which means you need to go to your bridge and head to the science lab on the engineering level). This originally used to be a sector space assignment found similar to "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities."

The next two steps are always available and repeatable upon completion of the second step, once again accessed from your ship. Speak to your science officer once more to infuse the [Strange Alien Artifact] you got from "Decipher the Markings." (Or from doing "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" once again or purchasing it from the exchange)

Completing infusion gives you a [Powered Alien Artifact]. From here, go to the engineering room and speak to your engineering contact. Under special assignments, there should be an option to fabricate a console from the powered alien artifact. (Powered artifacts can also be purchased from the exchange)

This isn't really much of a chain anymore, since after "Decipher the Markings" is completed, creating MkXII consoles can be done any way you wish. Do step 1 from sector space to acquire an artifact, or buy it from the exchange. Or you can forgo step 1 and 3 and just acquire a powered artifact from the exchange and skip to step 4 to create a console. OR you can just buy a MkXII console on the exchange.

I hope that clarifies things.
Career Officer
# 8
09-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
I know this might sound like I'm kicking you while you're down, but I got it with one of my characters. So uh, keep trying I guess?

lol - no worries on that. im still trying when i can...but see below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I did this chain when it first came out. It seems to have changed a bit since then. From what I gather, once you complete "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" by finding it in any of the Cardassian sectors and exploration clusters, everything else can be done from your ship.

The Four Steps:
1. Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities
2. Decipher the Markings
3. Infuse Alien Artifact
4. Fabricate Console

The second step, Decipher the Markings, can be accessed from your science officer on your ship (which means you need to go to your bridge and head to the science lab on the engineering level). This originally used to be a sector space assignment found similar to "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities."

The next two steps are always available and repeatable upon completion of the second step, once again accessed from your ship. Speak to your science officer once more to infuse the [Strange Alien Artifact] you got from "Decipher the Markings." (Or from doing "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" once again or purchasing it from the exchange)

Completing infusion gives you a [Powered Alien Artifact]. From here, go to the engineering room and speak to your engineering contact. Under special assignments, there should be an option to fabricate a console from the powered alien artifact. (Powered artifacts can also be purchased from the exchange)

This isn't really much of a chain anymore, since after "Decipher the Markings" is completed, creating MkXII consoles can be done any way you wish. Do step 1 from sector space to acquire an artifact, or buy it from the exchange. Or you can forgo step 1 and 3 and just acquire a powered artifact from the exchange and skip to step 4 to create a console. OR you can just buy a MkXII console on the exchange.

I hope that clarifies things.

could it be that i completed the first one sine i can access the second one etc? but i dont recall even doing the first one yet...let alone get an alien artifact for it.

is the first step repeatable?

i am just confused since the other steps are available to me, but i cant seem to get the first one...lol

Career Officer
# 9
09-23-2012, 09:52 AM
The first step is found in sector space, in any of the Cardassian sectors and related exploration clusters. It IS repeatable every 2-3 days or so. This is the only way to get artifacts, which can then be infused by players or placed on the exchange.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepcalmchiveon View Post
ive been in the "areas" for the past week trying to get this assignment chain...no glory.

what gives?
First time I tried to get this it look like over a week of logging in and searching the Cardassian territories to get it. I decided the other day to get it on another character and was lucky to find it within a couple of hours so I took all my mains through it so they had it.

My main problem with this chain is I always end up with the darn green consoles. Even went out my way to buy the best officers I could find. Mostly purples and still I get the Green.
Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!