Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Banned
# 371
10-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Don't mind Sophiie. He likes to say inflammatory things like that to draw as much attention to himself as possible. Apparently calling the majority of this community "loud" and only concerned for our "fashionable" builds more than the balance of this game wasn't rude to start with. This is a guy who thinks that snb doffs are fine the way they are wiping all buffs on a target every 8secs, so I really wouldn't be too worried about what he has to say. Anyone who thinks that this is balanced doesnt quite get it.

Im starting to believe that Sophie is a secret dev account created to lash back at us...lol. His constant comments about how the devs know better than us and we should just trust them seems kind of fishy...
It sounds like something Gecko would say. Which if he were Captain ****** himself it would not surprise me.

BTW I had alot of fun in mechwarrior last night and I bought a Dragon mech for the first time since I played on a buddy's account. (which means first time in like 3 months or so lmao) I haz evil planz.
Rihannsu
# 372
10-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Im starting to believe that Sophie is a secret dev account created to lash back at us...lol. His constant comments about how the devs know better than us and we should just trust them seems kind of fishy...
i lol'ed
since apprently SNB doffs are crucial to engies viability, please give free snb doffs to every player with at least 100 pvp kills

thx
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Commander
# 373
10-05-2012, 08:11 AM
If you think devs can ever have the time to field test a game mechanic more than the entire community can, your kidding yourself. Devs might know the numbers behind the mechanics, but it's the community using it over and over again in the field that best knows how well it meshes in the balance of the game. There isn't enough hours in a day for the limited amount or devs to thoroughly field test every change they make. This is why tribble is so important. This is why listening to feedback from their community is so important(thanks bort). Even bort admitted to testing a change in a 1v1 environment with no testing done in a 5v5 environment. What sets him apart from most the devs though is that he's listening to the feedback from these changes once they're made. I do wish they would let us help them by testing things longer on tribble, but this is still better than what we've had for years.
Banned
# 374
10-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
i lol'ed
since apprently SNB doffs are crucial to engies viability, please give free snb doffs to every player with at least 100 pvp kills

thx
But that means sophietia still won't have any.
Rihannsu
# 375
10-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
win win
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 376
10-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Red Wine out of cotton. Any ideas?
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Commander
# 377
10-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
It sounds like something Gecko would say. Which if he were Captain ****** himself it would not surprise me.

BTW I had alot of fun in mechwarrior last night and I bought a Dragon mech for the first time since I played on a buddy's account. (which means first time in like 3 months or so lmao) I haz evil planz.
Yeah, I never see anyone on when I'm playing. I really was interested in the dragon, but in instead went the Jenner route after "eliteing" my cats. I put a xl engine and 6 small lasers on it and took down an atlas the other night 1v1. Pretty damn funny. I'm sure he was pissed trying to get me in arc...lol. Took forever though.

I still may try a dragon though after i level both jenners. A hit and run heavy just sounds very interesting to me.

My gauss wielding k2 is still my favorite.
Banned
# 378
10-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I never see anyone on when I'm playing. I really was interested in the dragon, but in instead went the Jenner route after "eliteing" my cats. I put a xl engine and 6 small lasers on it and took down an atlas the other night 1v1. Pretty damn funny. I'm sure he was pissed trying to get me in arc...lol. Took forever though.

I still may try a dragon though after i level both jenners. A hit and run heavy just sounds very interesting to me.

My gauss wielding k2 is still my favorite.
Craig (his user name there is Ihasa) and I were on last night. I get on usually around 11:15 to 11:30 PM EST. I'm playin some right now cause I wanna get a preview of my new dragon. I made a high mobile sniper. 1 Guass, and 2 ER Larges. (probably going to down grade them to Larges though) it's hard to get a feel for a good setup though in pugs so I'll probably wait till after a few games tonight before I change things.

My founders cat is awesome though. 2 LRMs, and 2 Large Lasers. very solid sniper and long range shootist.

Also I recommend hopping on the beta TS server and lookin for teams that way. Wound up in an excellent team last night and we went on a friggin rampage.

Last edited by ghostyandfrosty; 10-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Career Officer
# 379
10-05-2012, 09:28 AM
. o O (Why don't all the MWO players just go away and leave the Trekkers alone? That game clearly has a universe more to their mindset, with mindless and unreasonable warmongering everywhere. And isn't it even a direct violation of mod rulings, terms of use and their beta test NDA?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 380
10-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
. o O (Why don't all the MWO players just go away and leave the Trekkers alone? That game clearly has a universe more to their mindset, with mindless and unreasonable warmongering everywhere. And isn't it even a direct violation of mod rulings, terms of use and their beta test NDA?)
I'd like to be the first to say that mindless and unreasonable warmongering is canon from a Klingon, Breen, Mirror universe, etc. RP point of view. Furthermore, in reality, it is a trait of all humans.

My name is Feargan and I endorse this mindless and unreasonable warmongering in STO and hereby pledge to bring about even more of it.
UNFOUND.NET
Closed Thread