Career Officer
# 11
09-26-2012, 05:38 PM
I ended up getting a pair of Theta Radiation consoles for my main and alt... way more fun to use than Eject Warp Plasma and it frees up my T5 Akira Class for EPtS 3 to tank or DEM 2 for more damage output.

But yes, the Nebula (T5 retrofit and fleet versions) means a different playing style. I use sci ships for more of a support ship for crowd control and Healing/Surviving second. I don't expect to be the one blowing up elite probes in STFs... I just make sure I keep them at bay for as long as possible. My builds are fairly similar in my Fleet Recon Science ship and Nebula Class retrofit- Gravity Well 3, a pair of Hazard Emitters and TSS, plus PH & Tractor beam repulsers if possible. And as a Trill Engineer... I can tank in that sucker like no other.

Again, that means you aren't the best at DPS... but you can't do that when you're dead or being over-run like zombies in Resident Evil.
Captain
# 12
09-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
It isn't so much the ship itself, but the console that it comes with. Those have long since been made worthless (outside of the occasional griefer).
That's what inventory slots are for.

For a science character, its an excellent ship, especially if you are part of a good team of players. You can do sci damage, heal yourself or allies and throw out some decent dps, not to mention a bit of tanking.

Last edited by whamhammer1; 09-27-2012 at 11:44 AM.