Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
How many people would rather just buy the D'Kora and Galor outright? I'd gladly pay $25 for each. They're both amazing ships. But after the hundred or so dollars I've spent in the past opening Cardassian, Ferengi, and Tholian lockboxes, I've not gotten a single ship. My luck is crap. I will not be buying anymore keys. I'm sure there are plenty more players who are just as burned out as I am. I work too hard for my money to spend it on a chance to get the one thing I really want. Why not just let me buy it?

I honestly see no reason why you can't put the ships on the Zstore AND in the lockbox. Many folks who don't have the funds for the zstore would still be buying keys off the exchange, which means people will also still be buying keys to sell for EC. I can't imagine Cryptic losing much money on this deal. In fact, why not put some of the other Zstore ships in lockboxes. I'm sure plenty of people would open a Federation lockbox for a chance to get a "free" Armitage or something.

I know they are in the lockboxes for the sake of selling keys, but I imagine you would get a lot of day one sells if you put the Galor and D'Kora on the Zstore. And you would still be selling keys to those who can't quite afford to buy the ships. I predict you'd actually come out ahead. Maybe I'm way off. If I am, I apologize. But the way I see it, it'd be the perfect solution for everyone. Imagine all the lockbox bickering it'd lay to rest.

Think about the children!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,163
# 2
09-20-2012, 03:49 AM
..........

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 09-20-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 3
09-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
It has been stated by the Devs, that CBS does not want "Everyone" flying "Non Main Faction" ships.
That is why they're lockbox only. The number of Special Faction ships is limited, therefore, CBS is happy, and allows them in game.
As the Lobi store items are now going to be listed for an extended time and possibly even indefinitely this means the Recluse will be consistently available for purchase.

So that argument, seems thin and disingenuous.

We'll be keeping all of these items in the Lobi store for the foreseeable future, and plan to add even more items for you to choose from.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 4
09-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim83 View Post
... after the hundred or so dollars I've spent in the past
That is your answer. $25 dollar one-off or potentially $100-200. If I could sell my RL products in a lottery like that I would retire next year!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,380
# 5
09-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenskshax View Post
That is your answer. $25 dollar one-off or potentially $100-200. If I could sell my RL products in a lottery like that I would retire next year!

True that the original post kind of answers it's own question.
Why take $25 dollar from each player who wants the ship, when you can convince 75% or more of them to spend up to hundreds of dollars trying to maybe get the ship.

Once you figure out that making millions of ec isn't so hard (even without spending real cash to get zen to buy keys , etc etc) , you realize that the ships ... much easier to get on the exchange.

Last edited by hippiejon; 09-20-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 308
# 6
09-20-2012, 04:40 AM
ok lets think of this reasonable people!

thier a company in it to make money.

-starbases forces smaller fleets who want the tier 5 stuff to either wait or purchase zen for dil.
-recluse is between 150-200 lobi depending how lucky you get(So no everyone is flying it(and you still need the orb weaver console to make it any decent.)(so not everyone is flying it)
-lockboxes forces people to grind or pay alot to get goodies, way more then 25 dollar fee, Im not going to say how much I spend on the game but even though its alot, it supports them and it gives me doffs, and other stuff.

-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader


Last edited by srspells; 09-20-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,329
# 7
09-20-2012, 05:28 AM
The only thing I would recommend is getting the EC to buy the ships on I had to do that to get the klingon Mu ship
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,949
# 8
09-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
As the Lobi store items are now going to be listed for an extended time and possibly even indefinitely this means the Recluse will be consistently available for purchase.

So that argument, seems thin and disingenuous.
I wouldn't say "constantly available" as they will leave at some point, but in general I agree with you.

The Lobi Store ships are really just very expensive C-Store ships. A Key guarantees you nothing more then 4 Lobi. If you need 800 Lobi to buy a ship that means you need around 100-200 Keys to get them, depending on the Lobi earned per Lockbox - which is $120-$240.00.

I laugh when I see people complain about $25.00 ships in the C-Store - especially when you can earn that $25.00 in Zen in a short time just by playing the game - and then notice they're flying a Lobi Store ship - which probably cost them many times more then a $25.00 C-Store ship.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
# 9
09-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenskshax View Post
That is your answer. $25 dollar one-off or potentially $100-200. If I could sell my RL products in a lottery like that I would retire next year!
But that's counting all the boxes. So it was roughly $100 in the pursuit of 3 different ships, among a few other things. If they put those 3 ships for sale for $25, they still would have gotten a guaranteed $75 bucks from me. And if they did the same with some of the other stuff in those boxes, they'd get more. I understand your point, and it's good one, but now that I know better, they won't be getting a dime from me. Not for keys, at least. So that next fancy lock box ship will be $25 guaranteed compared to zero.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,949
# 10
09-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim83 View Post
I understand your point, and it's good one, but now that I know better, they won't be getting a dime from me. Not for keys, at least. So that next fancy lock box ship will be $25 guaranteed compared to zero.
I respect your statement, but the simple truth is most people don't have the courage of their convictions. Most people will post that they'll never do X again, but the moment something they want is available they'll do X - thus the reason why very few stick to diets.

You say you'll never buy another Key, but if the ship you really, really, really want goes into a Lockbox next week they odds are extremely good that you'll buy more Keys to try and get it. That's nothing against you. It's just part of human nature. There's a reason why the old saying goes: "put your money where your mouth is." Most people talk a good show but when it comes right down to it they'll follow their impulses and the words mean nothing.

For myself, I have only ever bought and used 13 Keys since the Lockbox promotions started, but if there was a ship I really, really, really wanted I'd probably dump Zen into it too. Fortunately for me I now have over 17,000 Zen and make 3,000+ more each month so I wouldn't feel all that bad if it cost me 15,000 of it to get something I wanted. I'd never spend $150.00 of real money to buy it, though. Not for a single-character cyber-trinket.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.