Empire Veteran
# 1 Why the wait?
09-09-2012, 11:12 PM
In your latest Ask Cryptic, you said you guys said that you couldn't wait to get the Neverwinter Foundry up so you could port it over the STO. If you have the tech already, why not release it to tribble (or re-activate redshirt) to do some serious testing on it or is there some sort of hirer-up premade decision about it?
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Nine days and still no reply?
Captain
# 3
09-18-2012, 05:59 PM
There is only 1 Foundry team at Cryptic, and right now it's working on NW. Part of the team would need to stop working on NW to start working on STO's Foundry. Right now the priority is getting NW launched - as that's costing PW millions in development and they want to start making that money back.
Career Officer
# 4
09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Also, what they're working on is Neverwinter's Foundry. Porting that code over to STO is a major job. It's not something they can just throw into an STO test server; it would literally not work even a little bit.

Once they've got it stable for Neverwinter, I'm sure they'll start the next round of porting to STO.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Don't expect dev responses in this forum, I don't think they look here anymore. When dstahl said in the ask Cryptic that Zero would be putting together an asset request thread, he seemed not to know that there was a very active thread already (I tweeted him after to that effect). Tacofangs/tumorboy had to be linked to it. Not to mention that we've been making such threads since the Foundry began.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 6
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Zeronius posts occasionally. I think she lurks more than anything else though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
09-18-2012, 08:29 PM
She posts in the bug forum. I can't remember the last time I saw any dev post here.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Career Officer
# 8
09-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
She posts in the bug forum. I can't remember the last time I saw any dev post here.
There's been several dev posts here since you typed that, BTW.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
09-21-2012, 08:45 PM
BranFlakes would be the first to tell you that he's not a developer. No developer has posted in this forum - the Foundry Discussion and Feedback Forum - since the 18th when I last posted in this thread.

Don't get me wrong, its great that they've been talking in the Foundry Bug forum, and they really handled the lag issue well, but the dev feedback in this section has been lacking of late. Not to be critical, that's their choice, obviously. And maybe there's just nothing they want/are willing to say on the subjects we've been discussing here. I was just telling the OP not to expect a timely dev response here.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 09-21-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Ensign
# 10
09-22-2012, 03:57 PM
The devs should definitely release it. Even if it would be really buggy, they would get a chance to hear feedback from us, improve it, and fix bugs.
Star Trek: Lockbox

Kirk: Scotty, Stuff that 2 million ton D'kora into the Lockbox or else STO fails.
Scotty: I canna change the laws of physics!!!!!!
Kirk: Of course you can you're a miracle worker.