Ensign
# 11
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM
"I got news for you, this isn't EVE. This game isn't even designed to be anything like EVE, so don't expect it to be like EVE. Insulting us and everything to do with this game isn't going to make it any more like EVE. Maybe this game isn't meant for you."

You didn't read my entire post. I never said I expect this game to be like EVE, or that I wanted it to be like EVE. I merely gave an example of a successful MMO economic emplementation of a free, player-driven economy. It is small-minded people like you who make this game such a pain to play.

"everybody has different expectation of a game, especially a game of his/her favourite franchise.
you have some points that are also grinding my gears about the game, but your suggestions i don't like either.

however points 1, 4 and 5 are great and brought up on the forum numerous times. The map was in discussion to be changed, but it is A LOT of work...basically making sector space from scratch. But Dstahl said about a year ago, that as soon as they have that workforce free and the time at hand it is top priority. But that may mean anything."

These are not 'expectations', these are requirements. Have you ever played a game where dieing meant nothing? Have you ever played a game where you never had to constantly save, or you would be broke when you got to max level? The point is: this game is not challenging, not rewarding, and certanly not worth it. Why would I want to be max level if all i can do is play STFs over and over again? Yeah, i get Borg stuff, but it's not like i can sell it/trade it for somthing I ACTUALLY WANT. Where are the goals? The Challenges? Dieing in missions means nothing. So you died, I guess you should just keep trying... no penalty, no challenge, no fun. I also want to point out that the tactics people use, like cloak and attack in PVP, are way over-powered. That can be nurfed by simply implementing an energy limit. So, (hypothetical) mabey cloak could take up just enough energy for you to use 1 buff after decloaking. It's not like you don't already have a damage buff for attacting me anyway. It's no fun when one can win a fight simply because his skills explicitly counter yours. And to make it even worse he/she can use them over and over without any limit aside of time. I'm talking about a game that sticks to reality: death, money, and battle are the three mechanics the developers got terribly wrong. I once talked with one, he he told me he really doesn't play the game at all. So, not only does this game have bad mechanics, the developers aren't even taking the time to play it and try to improve it based on their own experiences.

"try and offer suggestions like the rest of us, with polite posts commenting on things, and occasionally insulting PWE"

Been there done that. 5 months should prove to you that 'politely posting' obviously does not yield substantial results. A company that cares about what it's customer wants should not have customers complaining about their product. If they see a customer complaining, they should take their complaint and put it on the top of their list of priorities. PWE obviously does not care about it's customers.

"But as for this poster. Seriously. Why leave the game for 5 months, then come back and complain about it? Why not just stay gone? If you didn't like what you saw then, and you come back and don't like what you see now, why would you bother to waste our time with complaints? I agree with hippiejon. Just leave."

No. I love Star Trek, and I WANT to play it. Being run by money-hungry asians does not help this game at all (PWE). I left because this game sucks. I'm posting because it STILL sucks after 5 WHOLE MONTHS. If you are so stupid that you actually believe a game shouldn't change, you should just not post.

"Funny almost lv 46 here and loads left to do, perhaps 'cause i did not race through the storyline myself?

Only just started the Cardassian story..."

Because not everyone likes stories. There are a lot of poeple who prefer to play for competition, like me. As far as story goes, this game is set. But everything else needs so much work.
Community Moderator
# 12
09-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coutloud1 View Post
That's another thing: Death Penalty. For the love of god, this is the only MMO I've played that does not have a death penalty. "No!! A death penalty wouldn't be fair."
It's had a death penalty for two years.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
09-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Starting out your rant by insulting the game, players, and listing the things you hate and want corrected while not listing reasonable avenues for doing so under an understanding of how the game you insult actually works isn't going to get the people capable of doing something to address your concerns to listen to you.

Yet another Vent-thread. Moving on.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Recently, "Cryptic" (pwe, of course) has shown interest in improving the game by listing their 'todo' list in the form of an article they call "State of The Game". Now, obviously, this game sucks so far. Once you get to 50, you have only 3 things to do: play monotinous STFs over and over and over...., play little missions that give little to no reward, and play the mini games like DOFF missions, and Dilithium mining, etc...
Lol ignorant players who assume things and take them as fact, mate there is more than 3 things to do in end game oh and the forums are quite active and so is the game. If your one of those people who needs their hand held and told what to do perhaps you should move on....

Quote:
Do you want to know why these are meaningless? They do not yield a reward that one can use. What are you going to use those new aniproton beams for? More STFs? seriously? The Borg do the same things over and over and require little to no skill to destroy. PvP? Klingons just cloak and kill. There is no way you will ever win that fight, and if you do, what's the point? You don't get loot for winning PVP, you dont get anything.
You have got to be kidding, as I said above theres a lot more to do than just STF's and PVP. Klingon, Federation side is irrlevent its your skills and ships build that will decide a pvp match if you can't kill a cloaked Klingon well you need to go and ask some advise on ship builds and practise you can't expect to go into pvp as a noob and go against 700 day vetrans and win strait away it will take awhile for you to learn all the do's and don'ts and this is the same for many mmo's. Please name one where a new player can hammer a vetran?

Quote:
That's another thing: Death Penalty. For the love of god, this is the only MMO I've played that does not have a death penalty. "No!! A death penalty wouldn't be fair." Awwwwwww.... you think lifes fair, how cute.
I take it you have never played they game on Elite, you do know what the Critcal/Major compenents are used for?....I'm guessing your one of those players who rock up to a fight in a damaged ship.

Quote:
Here are 6 Suggestions that would most definitly increase your play-base. Despite Cryptic's efforts to suggest otherwise, their playerbase is far less than it was a month after Free to play went live.
Actually I would argue there are more players since it went f2p especially on the Klingon side, its nice to see as many Klingon ships hanging around Qo'No's as there are Feds around Sol.

Quote:
1. NO BUGS. If you aren't going to test the game, and wring out the bugs before you patch the dam thing, at least provide customer service. I havn't played in 5 months because I couldn't get a damn person to help me with the game crashing.
Um there is another Server called tribble where they DO test stuff.

Quote:
2. No Rules PVP. PVP: player vs player, it's where you go to play the unfair game. It's also where you go to kill other people for the valubles they might have in their cargo bays....oh wait, i forgot there is no death penalty. I guess PVP will have to be as hollow as a log then. I would also like to say that PVP should have no reset, and that it should be mixed. No 100% lv50-player zones, or newb zones. And you should be able to enter a PVP zone where fighting is going on, not have to wait for it to start. I have better things to do than wait for 20 minutes because no one is joining the zone I'm in.
Lol been ignorant again, I take it your not in a Fleet? There is something called creating/launching a fleet action where you can have like 20 players all mixed if you like a create your own pvp match you don't need to wait at all.

Quote:
3. Death Penalty: Despite the newbies objections, there should ALWAYS be a death penalty. It's the incentive for actually attaining skill. "a death penalty would make the game too hard!" Really? Mabey you should remake your character, and actually try to play. Otherwise, you should just stick to the little NPC enemies. They are pretty good target practice, and you can practice RUNNING AWAY. Somthing no one does is run away from a stronger opponent. It's like watching a cockroach try to fight a person. Your gonna get squashed.
Oh not this again, look you wanna play the game on hard go reroll a toon and play everything on Elite, I bet you don't even make it to level 10 Fed side or level 30 Klingon side with out changing it back to normal lol.

Quote:
4. MONEY: Right now, it's absolutely meaningless. The content of the game isn't enough to want to spend anything on weapons you will only ever use in Kerrat. And Weapons is really the only thing worth spending money on. Yeah, armor is nice.... but it really doesn't matter... It isn't like you have anything ELSE eating into your wallet, like, i don't know.... health potions! Seriously, MAKE IT MORE CHALLENGING! Situation: Im at 10 percent hull, what do I do? oh, just use a hull heal skill... No money, no 'mana', no LIMIT. Just a cooldown time. Seriously, it's like a beta game without these kinds of basics. Now, it doesnt have to be health/mana. I wouldn't mind having the entire ship mechanics revolve around damage, power (for skills), and shield strength instead of the old lingo. The fact of the matter is, though, that there has to be a point of regeneration. I shouldn't be able to rely entirely on my skills to regenerate. These kinds of skills make a good game.
What are you talking about there are consumables theres even a skill in the engineering skill tree to increase the effectiveness of battery's and the like and your healing skills do have a cooldown there not avaible all the time especially if you like using the "Team" buffs, for example if you use "Tac Team" then need a heal you can't use "Engy Team" for 15 secs as its on a cooldown from the other "team" ability. So its not just all click click click and you magicly healed again like you would have us believe.

I can't be bothered answering the rest of your points its quite clear you have no idea how to play the game..........
Ensign
# 15
09-26-2012, 10:06 AM
"I take it you have never played they game on Elite, you do know what the Critcal/Major compenents are used for?....I'm guessing your one of those players who rock up to a fight in a damaged ship."

I did, and then I realized that 99% of the time you get placed in a team full of morons. Otherwise, you get to shoot at mindless npcs that give you little to no damage... boring...

"It's had a death penalty for two years."

Really? Every time I die in PVP, i lose nothing. Mabey you could enlighten me.

"ignorant players who assume things and take them as fact, mate there is more than 3 things to do in end game oh and the forums are quite active and so is the game."

I am not ignorant. I have done the research. STO has lost over 70% of it's origional population since the launch of it's 'free-to-play' basis. You have obviously posted without even looking into it. There is a difference between being active and haveing a dropping player-base. You have have 100 people post on the forums all day long for a whole month, but if at the end of that month you are 700 players down from the month before, you have a declining population.

"theres a lot more to do than just STF's and PVP. Klingon, Federation side is irrlevent its your skills and ships build that will decide a pvp match if you can't kill a cloaked Klingon well you need to go and ask some advise on ship builds and practise you can't expect to go into pvp as a noob and go against 700 day vetrans and win strait away it will take awhile for you to learn all the do's and don'ts and this is the same for many mmo's."

That's not the point. I'm talking about game mechanics. All i have to do is litterally press 1 button over an over and spam all my skills. This makes battles boring. It doesn't require skill because anyone can press a button. a limit on the number of skills you can perform will force you to pick the best one to use at the right time. << SKILL

"Actually I would argue there are more players since it went f2p especially on the Klingon side, its nice to see as many Klingon ships hanging around Qo'No's as there are Feds around Sol."

And the rest of the galaxy is deserted..... oh wait, there is Kerrat.

"Um there is another Server called tribble where they DO test stuff."

They're doing a very poor job if those bugs still show in the patch releases then.

"been ignorant again, I take it your not in a Fleet? There is something called creating/launching a fleet action where you can have like 20 players all mixed if you like a create your own pvp match you don't need to wait at all."

It's a queue. I don't want a queue. Please read my initial post.

"not this again, look you wanna play the game on hard go reroll a toon and play everything on Elite, I bet you don't even make it to level 10 Fed side or level 30 Klingon side with out changing it back to normal lol."

As I said before, death penalty is only is the story, and in any 'hard' (elite) npc battle. NOT PVP. I'm talking specifically about PVP, and mixed faction instances.

"What are you talking about there are consumables theres even a skill in the engineering skill tree to increase the effectiveness of battery's and the like and your healing skills do have a cooldown there not avaible all the time especially if you like using the "Team" buffs, for example if you use "Tac Team" then need a heal you can't use "Engy Team" for 15 secs as its on a cooldown from the other "team" ability. So its not just all click click click and you magicly healed again like you would have us believe."

oh, yes it is all just 'click click click'. Click click click on my double tac team, torpedo spread, fire at will, tractor beam, and brace for impact. And I can use ALL of those skill at once. If you've ever played Diablo, Cabal, WoW, or any other populare MMO, they have enrgy limits to keep you from spamming 10 skills at a time. But I suppose you don't like to pick and choose which skills you use. It probably take too much brain power for you to comprehend.
Consumable are a joke. They do nothing more than re-inforce your ship, and when they are done, your status goes back to the way it was when the consumables were activated. My skills do more than any consumable ever will. If you want me to use a consumable, it should heal more shield than my tactical team would., or repair more hull damage. I got other hotkeys to put on my keyboard, so unless they do somthing meaningfull, they wont be used by me.
I also want to note that skills dont matter when theres a skill to nutralize the use of skills. So, seriously, energy limit, and make it an 'ultimate', or nerf the damn thing it's up to you.
Ensign
# 16
09-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Allright guys. there is always going to be someone mad. Just look at America. we have 2 parties for a reason. So let's leave the raging guy alone and go do something better like win at the game.