Empire Veteran
# 1 Suggestions for Lobi Prices
09-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I think there are a number of items in the store that are overpriced. This thread is for the dev's to see what fans think and suggested prices by the fans for the items.

Cryptic rarely takes our thoughts or feelings into consideration so this thread will ultimately end up being nothing but for us fans.

I'll start off with the items I think need adjusting the most determined by what I am interested in and my thoughts.

Tholian Sword and Ferengi Whip - The latter when it first came out was 15 Lobi, the Sword has always been to my knowledge 50 Lobi. I think both are overpriced at 50 Lobi each. I still think the inflation is excessive on the Whip. I feel 25 is a reasonable ask for both these items. That's 25 Lobi each, not 25 for both.

Ferengi Space 3 Piece Set - 200 Lobi each, that's 600 Lobi for the complete set. I feel that's overpriced considering you can get a Shuttle/Fighter for half the price of the set or for an added 200 Lobi you can get the Recluse. I would suggest halfing each piece to 100 Lobi. So 300 for the set seems a lot more reasonable.

Also a little something I want to throw in, they are selling the Recluse for 800 Lobi, that's fair to me, after all it is a ship. Why not add the other lock box ships in for around the same price. Many fans aren't a fan of the gambling chance system, but having the ships in the store (with the exception of the current lock box ship) might encourage more to open the boxes just for Lobi. That's what I do with my Dilithium. Just a suggestion, one favoured by some, not liked by others but ultimately is up to Cryptic.

Another thing before I head to bed, 125 Zen for a key, a tad overpriced on it's own considering there is still a lot of junk in the boxes. Wouldn't 75 Zen per key be a more reasonable price, hell even a 90 or straight 100 would be better than what we are being charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-23-2012, 09:57 AM
I certainly agree with all this you posted. Especially the Ferengi set. I know it's supposed to be 'special' and not seen everywhere, etc, but it's so bloody expensive. You have to open 150 boxes for that, 50 per piece, if you didn't get lucky and get a higher amount of lobi out of a box (never seen or heard it happen personally).

Empire Veteran
# 3
09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks, as for the Lobi per box 90% I have gotten is only the 4 per box, but I have gotten a few luck ones, like some 7, 10, 20 and on one occasion 50. But it's so rare you can't expect to get anymore than 4 or 5 per box.

I also think the clothes should be an account option considering the price to get say a skirt and top is.
Quote:
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Thanks, as for the Lobi per box 90% I have gotten is only the 4 per box, but I have gotten a few luck ones, like some 7, 10, 20 and on one occasion 50. But it's so rare you can't expect to get anymore than 4 or 5 per box.
Not surprising there. Zamorak forbid if we have a chance to get more lobi.

Anyways, the prices in the lobi store do need an adjustment, at the very least a 'retro' discount, where anything from at least two boxes ago is at least somewhat cheaper.

I mean, take the Ferengi Marauder set, 200 lobi a PIECE (on one character). So, 600 lobi total, which means, presuming 4 lobi a box, is 150 keys to buy, and comes out to $187.50

Even if you don't buy any keys with Zen, that's still a total purchase of that much for ONE set of three items on ONE character.

We can only shudder at what the next box will have for prices.

Captain
# 5
09-24-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty much just stockpiling Lobi at this point.

I would have bought some more swords and whips but all of my Lobi is on my main and the weapons are bind on pick up (With the sword being a one per char) keeping my three alts from enjoying the chance to whip their enemies.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-24-2012, 02:36 AM
I agree, it's really sad to think the only real content and new items we get are part of this overly expensive system that a good 75% of players can't get access to due to the insane prices.

I've always been of the opinion in this game, make it value for money and in the long run you'll make more. However I do think PWE is only after the short-term quick buck, which is rather sad for both them, us and the STO game as a whole as well.
Quote:
Quote: