Career Officer
From all very-rare ships there is only one that really caught my attention: the tuffli freighter. And I finally managed to stack up almost 2900 zen (and more 500 coming by the end of the month). So I think I finally may have a way to get it. But I don't know the best way. I had three ideas:

a) Buy lock-boxes keys (or some other tradable C-Store item), sell them on exchange and with the profit buy the freighter from the exchange

b) Buy lock-boxes keys, open lock-boxes and wait a suitable moment to sell the itens and then buy the freighter on exchange

c) Just buy the reinforcement pack and wait for me get lucky and get the ship (or sell the rewards that come from opening them).

So, I'm asking for advice for those who already opened lock boxes and the pack: route b) and c) are worth over alternative a)? The amount of zen I have is enough for opening 30 lock boxes (perhaps 40 if I play with dil exchange) or 12 reinforcement packs. Also, I'm open for any suggestions of any other route to get the ship (even if I have to wait a bit more). Thanks.
========================================
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm
Click here for a compilation of usefull tools and tutorials
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Personally i would not try opening the boxes, from what i have heard many people are not very lucky to get what they want from those!

The reenforcement packs i tried myself but that is a long shot as well, so the best option (i think) to get that ship is to save up on EC's and buy it on the exchange...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-24-2012, 07:56 AM
some state that there is between 1:78 chance others state 1:255 chance. but really, they do not know and so the chances are rare as they would need to be. on occassion i have seen a specific player catching two very rare lockbox ships in quick order. but it is a lottery, do you think you can win or and waste 3k of zen or spend it on something like the caitian carrier or oddy?
Career Officer
# 4
09-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwilhelm View Post
a) Buy lock-boxes keys (or some other tradable C-Store item), sell them on exchange and with the profit buy the freighter from the exchange
This is considered the most effective means of getting the Tuffli freighter. (This is how I got mine...)
Quote:
b) Buy lock-boxes keys, open lock-boxes and wait a suitable moment to sell the itens and then buy the freighter on exchange
Most of the common items from 'Lock Boxes' are already on the Exchange with a plentiful supply...
Quote:
c) Just buy the reinforcement pack and wait for me get lucky and get the ship (or sell the rewards that come from opening them).
Do this only if you want/need/can use those Duty Officers, as the odds are low for success with this method.

There are other methods to earn ECs if you're planning to purchase off the Exchange. The 'Tour the Universe' event can deliver a large sum. And with Fleet Starbase Projects, there is high demand for certain Common Duty Officer class, which can be picked up for free roughly twice a week using the Recruitment Assignments given out by the Personal Officer at Starfleet Academy
Career Officer
# 5
09-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I was more wondering about the odds. I knew they were rare from what I heard about the odds of getting a ship on the winter event, but since I saw plenty more of them compared with the winter event, I thought it could be easier to get now. But it doesn't seen that easy.

About ways to getting EC, I knew the 'Tour the Universe' give out EC from a run I made on tribble for testing it. But I was rewarded a pretty low amount. (Less than 100k, what is nothing near the ~50 million I will need to get the freighter). Did they raised this number?
========================================
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm
Click here for a compilation of usefull tools and tutorials
Career Officer
# 6
09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
About ways to getting EC, I knew the 'Tour the Universe' give out EC from a run I made on tribble for testing it. But I was rewarded a pretty low amount. (Less than 100k, what is nothing near the ~50 million I will need to get the freighter). Did they raised this number?
Its more like 300K now. And with the correct Ship and Equipment, some players claim that they can complete 2 to 3 'Tour' passes in a single event...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
if the tuffli is what your after and not interested in anything else such as doffs etc , the sure way is to sell keys and buy the tuffli , i think there about 40 million on exchange atm.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Its more like 300K now. And with the correct Ship and Equipment, some players claim that they can complete 2 to 3 'Tour' passes in a single event...
I completed 3 round trips in my Ody and I am definitely a novice....so I am sure others have done many more.

Thx
Career Officer
# 9 Tour the Universe
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I can complete 2 full tours, and then part of one - If I've added correctly it should net you 350K each Tour

Federation Space
Cardassian Space
Romulan Space
Klingon Space
Deferi Space
Borg Space
Undine Space

My driver coil is only at 4 - and I don't have a Borg Engine - I think 3 tours is attainable with the right settings, maybe 4.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by franc275 View Post
I can complete 2 full tours, and then part of one - If I've added correctly it should net you 350K each Tour

Federation Space
Cardassian Space
Romulan Space
Klingon Space
Deferi Space
Borg Space
Undine Space

My driver coil is only at 4 - and I don't have a Borg Engine - I think 3 tours is attainable with the right settings, maybe 4.
It is definitely possible to complete at least 3 full rounds, which gets you 350k EC per round. It helps to have your Warp Coil at Level 9 and have the right equipment. Furthermore if someone grants you Diplomatic Immunity or Raiding Party, you'll get an extra boost for an hour.

I always make three full rounds with my Tuffli Freighter, that is fully borgified (just for the fun of it.) However, since the advanced QSD on Odyssey Cruisers work for 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds, I dare to speculate that even four rounds may be possible. That would result in 1.4m EC total.