Lt. Commander
1) To resolve the whole "rank creep" issue - and for roleplaying purposes... add a pulldown to the player's Character screen which allows them to select the rank that they are displayed and addressed (by NPCs) as... with the current level-based ranks working as the maximum (as is already the case with rank insignia in the tailor, so the game mechanics are already there). Thusly, the player could choose to have a max-levelled character addressed as 'Captain' rather than 'Vice Admiral' or whatever.

2) Add a "first name only" or "address by first name" option which would cause NPCs to always address the character by their first name, while allowing the other name slots to still be used. This would allow for Klingon-style names ("Worf son of Mogh") to be used and display properly. There would also be benefits for Liberated Borg characters, considering the apparent naming convention applies there as well.
Member of Special Operations Command
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)

Last edited by westmetals; 08-21-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Career Officer
# 2
08-21-2014, 09:39 AM
That would be nice... I for one am also part of the 'crowd', who is kind of bugged by the fact, that we are addressed as 'Vice-Admirals', rather than 'Captain'.

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Career Officer
# 3
08-21-2014, 01:46 PM
There is a work-around for the name issue. For my klingon chars I usually enter "Son/Daughter of..." as the first name and their actual first name as last name and then set the name display order to "Last First Middle".

But I would like to see the improvements you suggested.
Captain
# 4
08-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmetals View Post
1) To resolve the whole "rank creep" issue - and for roleplaying purposes... add a pulldown to the player's Character screen which allows them to select the rank that they are displayed and addressed (by NPCs) as... with the current level-based ranks working as the maximum (as is already the case with rank insignia in the tailor, so the game mechanics are already there). Thusly, the player could choose to have a max-levelled character addressed as 'Captain' rather than 'Vice Admiral' or whatever.
This has been requested by many folks for a very long time, and I definitely would like to see this implemented.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 5
08-22-2014, 11:18 AM
This is a really minor roleplayer thing. Just set your floaty title to captain, takes 5 clicks.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.