Ensign
Recently, "Cryptic" (pwe, of course) has shown interest in improving the game by listing their 'todo' list in the form of an article they call "State of The Game". Now, obviously, this game sucks so far. Once you get to 50, you have only 3 things to do: play monotinous STFs over and over and over...., play little missions that give little to no reward, and play the mini games like DOFF missions, and Dilithium mining, etc...

Do you want to know why these are meaningless? They do not yield a reward that one can use. What are you going to use those new aniproton beams for? More STFs? seriously? The Borg do the same things over and over and require little to no skill to destroy. PvP? Klingons just cloak and kill. There is no way you will ever win that fight, and if you do, what's the point? You don't get loot for winning PVP, you dont get anything. That's another thing: Death Penalty. For the love of god, this is the only MMO I've played that does not have a death penalty. "No!! A death penalty wouldn't be fair." Awwwwwww.... you think lifes fair, how cute.

Here are 6 Suggestions that would most definitly increase your play-base. Despite Cryptic's efforts to suggest otherwise, their playerbase is far less than it was a month after Free to play went live.

1. NO BUGS. If you aren't going to test the game, and wring out the bugs before you patch the dam thing, at least provide customer service. I havn't played in 5 months because I couldn't get a damn person to help me with the game crashing.

2. No Rules PVP. PVP: player vs player, it's where you go to play the unfair game. It's also where you go to kill other people for the valubles they might have in their cargo bays....oh wait, i forgot there is no death penalty. I guess PVP will have to be as hollow as a log then. I would also like to say that PVP should have no reset, and that it should be mixed. No 100% lv50-player zones, or newb zones. And you should be able to enter a PVP zone where fighting is going on, not have to wait for it to start. I have better things to do than wait for 20 minutes because no one is joining the zone I'm in.

3. Death Penalty: Despite the newbies objections, there should ALWAYS be a death penalty. It's the incentive for actually attaining skill. "a death penalty would make the game too hard!" Really? Mabey you should remake your character, and actually try to play. Otherwise, you should just stick to the little NPC enemies. They are pretty good target practice, and you can practice RUNNING AWAY. Somthing no one does is run away from a stronger opponent. It's like watching a cockroach try to fight a person. Your gonna get squashed.

4. MONEY: Right now, it's absolutely meaningless. The content of the game isn't enough to want to spend anything on weapons you will only ever use in Kerrat. And Weapons is really the only thing worth spending money on. Yeah, armor is nice.... but it really doesn't matter... It isn't like you have anything ELSE eating into your wallet, like, i don't know.... health potions! Seriously, MAKE IT MORE CHALLENGING! Situation: Im at 10 percent hull, what do I do? oh, just use a hull heal skill... No money, no 'mana', no LIMIT. Just a cooldown time. Seriously, it's like a beta game without these kinds of basics. Now, it doesnt have to be health/mana. I wouldn't mind having the entire ship mechanics revolve around damage, power (for skills), and shield strength instead of the old lingo. The fact of the matter is, though, that there has to be a point of regeneration. I shouldn't be able to rely entirely on my skills to regenerate. These kinds of skills make a good game.

5. Maps: I am really hating the way it is right now: enter a new sector gotta re-plot my course.... Make it more dynamic. It would be really nice if I could pull up a world map in any place (even in a solar system) and look at the sector maps of the places I've explored, and even plott a direct course to any of the planets in any sector from anywhere. In a solar system, It could prompt to go to warp, and save that course until you leave the system (in otherwords, wait for your command to 'engage'). It would be a lot easier, and it's not like they don't do that in the shows, so WHY NOT??

6. More DYNAMIC economy: Everything should be tradable. That is what make EVE such a good game. It's economy is player-driven. If i want to sell my borg datachips, I should be able to. It's not like a lv20 could do anything useful with them anyway (or any other thing. Everything have a lv limit, even though some arent tradable.).

I may be coming off a bit strong, but that is because this game has be running for 3 years, and I'm wondering why NO one has thought about these things. "oh, mabey if we don't make a good game, we'll have a lot of players" jee, i wish that were true. I would be a millionare.
But seriously, you have to admit that these features make a good game. What is happieness without sadness? Joy without pain? Life would be meaningless if all we felt was happy. Death penalties and player driven economics make a game worth playing. And even if you lose all your **** to that one player that you despise, at least you will know to avoid him the next go around. And at least you know not to carry all of your stuff into battle.

Anyway, I'm expecting objections to all of this, because the people who are still playing this game are dumb enough to keep playing this game. There are better game sout there guys, Minecraft, StarCraft II, Cabal Online, WoW, Every Steam Game, Dota, and a lot others. "But they have a death penalty..." GET OVER IT.

(i kept bringing up the death penalty because I kept hearing sissies wine about it when I played)

Last edited by coutloud1; 09-23-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-23-2012, 09:36 PM
While some of your points actually merit discussion, when you present them by insulting other players, insulting the devs, and insulting the game, all I have to say to you, is please return to one of those other games you mentioned, and just go away.

You come off as a rude and insulting jerk. Rethink the way you address people and come back when you develop a modicum of tact, and respect.
Ensign
# 3
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
That's another point: I really LOVE star trek, but this game..... I just cant play it. It make me hate the people (money mongrels) who made it, the players that play it, and every aspect of the game. It's monotones repetition, its failing playerbase, horrific customer service, bug-riddled 'patches', etc... is the reason I have not played in the last 5 months. Please try and see past my cynicism. I's really hard not to say rude things when you're very irritated about somthing.
Career Officer
# 4
09-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Your very admission that you realize that you are being rude and inflammatory says that you are making a choice to be such. No, I will not struggle to see past your name calling, insulting diatribe.

You have a choice about how to discuss the things that are causing you issue. You have made the choice to come in here and belittle and name call, and generally be a rude jerk. That was your choice. My choice is simply to inform you that had you decided to approach conversation with a mature attitude where you invited other opinions and showed a desire to have an actual conversation, you result might have been different.

As it is, you choose to not contain your rage (nice to meet you Mister Banner), and spew off like an angry targ.

Good day, sir. I shall waste no more time on your drivel.
Rihannsu
# 5
09-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coutloud1 View Post
Recently, "Cryptic" (pwe, of course) has shown interest in improving the game by listing their 'todo' list in the form of an article they call "State of The Game". Now, obviously, this game sucks so far. Once you get to 50, you have only 3 things to do: play monotinous STFs over and over and over...., play little missions that give little to no reward, and play the mini games like DOFF missions, and Dilithium mining, etc...

Do you want to know why these are meaningless? They do not yield a reward that one can use. What are you going to use those new aniproton beams for? More STFs? seriously? The Borg do the same things over and over and require little to no skill to destroy. PvP? Klingons just cloak and kill. There is no way you will ever win that fight, and if you do, what's the point? You don't get loot for winning PVP, you dont get anything. That's another thing: Death Penalty. For the love of god, this is the only MMO I've played that does not have a death penalty. "No!! A death penalty wouldn't be fair." Awwwwwww.... you think lifes fair, how cute.

Here are 6 Suggestions that would most definitly increase your play-base. Despite Cryptic's efforts to suggest otherwise, their playerbase is far less than it was a month after Free to play went live.

1. NO BUGS. If you aren't going to test the game, and wring out the bugs before you patch the dam thing, at least provide customer service. I havn't played in 5 months because I couldn't get a damn person to help me with the game crashing.

2. No Rules PVP. PVP: player vs player, it's where you go to play the unfair game. It's also where you go to kill other people for the valubles they might have in their cargo bays....oh wait, i forgot there is no death penalty. I guess PVP will have to be as hollow as a log then. I would also like to say that PVP should have no reset, and that it should be mixed. No 100% lv50-player zones, or newb zones. And you should be able to enter a PVP zone where fighting is going on, not have to wait for it to start. I have better things to do than wait for 20 minutes because no one is joining the zone I'm in.

3. Death Penalty: Despite the newbies objections, there should ALWAYS be a death penalty. It's the incentive for actually attaining skill. "a death penalty would make the game too hard!" Really? Mabey you should remake your character, and actually try to play. Otherwise, you should just stick to the little NPC enemies. They are pretty good target practice, and you can practice RUNNING AWAY. Somthing no one does is run away from a stronger opponent. It's like watching a cockroach try to fight a person. Your gonna get squashed.

4. MONEY: Right now, it's absolutely meaningless. The content of the game isn't enough to want to spend anything on weapons you will only ever use in Kerrat. And Weapons is really the only thing worth spending money on. Yeah, armor is nice.... but it really doesn't matter... It isn't like you have anything ELSE eating into your wallet, like, i don't know.... health potions! Seriously, MAKE IT MORE CHALLENGING! Situation: Im at 10 percent hull, what do I do? oh, just use a hull heal skill... No money, no 'mana', no LIMIT. Just a cooldown time. Seriously, it's like a beta game without these kinds of basics. Now, it doesnt have to be health/mana. I wouldn't mind having the entire ship mechanics revolve around damage, power (for skills), and shield strength instead of the old lingo. The fact of the matter is, though, that there has to be a point of regeneration. I shouldn't be able to rely entirely on my skills to regenerate. These kinds of skills make a good game.

5. Maps: I am really hating the way it is right now: enter a new sector gotta re-plot my course.... Make it more dynamic. It would be really nice if I could pull up a world map in any place (even in a solar system) and look at the sector maps of the places I've explored, and even plott a direct course to any of the planets in any sector from anywhere. In a solar system, It could prompt to go to warp, and save that course until you leave the system (in otherwords, wait for your command to 'engage'). It would be a lot easier, and it's not like they don't do that in the shows, so WHY NOT??

6. More DYNAMIC economy: Everything should be tradable. That is what make EVE such a good game. It's economy is player-driven. If i want to sell my borg datachips, I should be able to. It's not like a lv20 could do anything useful with them anyway (or any other thing. Everything have a lv limit, even though some arent tradable.).

I may be coming off a bit strong, but that is because this game has be running for 3 years, and I'm wondering why NO one has thought about these things. "oh, mabey if we don't make a good game, we'll have a lot of players" jee, i wish that were true. I would be a millionare.
But seriously, you have to admit that these features make a good game. What is happieness without sadness? Joy without pain? Life would be meaningless if all we felt was happy. Death penalties and player driven economics make a game worth playing. And even if you lose all your **** to that one player that you despise, at least you will know to avoid him the next go around. And at least you know not to carry all of your stuff into battle.

Anyway, I'm expecting objections to all of this, because the people who are still playing this game are dumb enough to keep playing this game. There are better game sout there guys, Minecraft, StarCraft II, Cabal Online, WoW, Every Steam Game, Dota, and a lot others. "But they have a death penalty..." GET OVER IT.

(i kept bringing up the death penalty because I kept hearing sissies wine about it when I played)
I got news for you, this isn't EVE. This game isn't even designed to be anything like EVE, so don't expect it to be like EVE. Insulting us and everything to do with this game isn't going to make it any more like EVE. Maybe this game isn't meant for you.
Captain
# 6
09-24-2012, 01:30 AM
everybody has different expectation of a game, especially a game of his/her favourite franchise.
you have some points that are also grinding my gears about the game, but your suggestions i don't like either.

however points 1, 4 and 5 are great and brought up on the forum numerous times. The map was in discussion to be changed, but it is A LOT of work...basically making sector space from scratch. But Dstahl said about a year ago, that as soon as they have that workforce free and the time at hand it is top priority. But that may mean anything.

there is a death penalty, it is just very rudimentary. A system like a durability loss would be appropriate. And you constantly need to repair battle damage after battles with the existing repair units. Those injuries should be more frequent also on normal difficulty, and the repair units should be replecateable, or a doff mission that need the current crafting materials (those are useless right now anyway)
This could also be incorporated into a semi crafting system, ON YOUR ship.
Example, after an stf...you come out of the battle (even if you never died, dying just makes the repairs more extensive) with some shot power conduits and hull platings...go to your ship interiour and craft the replacements out of the crafting materials, or replicate some basic isolinear chips to repair the consoles that constantly blow up (atleast in the shows)

also, the damage system that is in place now...can be kept, since those are quick fixes, that need to be done appart from the big repairs after the battle.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 09-24-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Captain
# 7
09-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
everybody has different expectation of a game, especially a game of his/her favourite franchise.
you have some points that are also grinding my gears about the game, but your suggestions i don't like either.

however points 1, 4 and 5 are great and brought up on the forum numerous times. The map was in discussion to be changed, but it is A LOT of work...basically making sector space from scratch. But Dstahl said about a year ago, that as soon as they have that workforce free and the time at hand it is top priority. But that may mean anything.

there is a death penalty, it is just very rudimentary. A system like a durability loss would be appropriate. And you constantly need to repair battle damage after battles with the existing repair units. Those injuries should be more frequent also on normal difficulty, and the repair units should be replecateable, or a doff mission that need the current crafting materials (those are useless right now anyway)
This could also be incorporated into a semi crafting system, ON YOUR ship.
Example, after an stf...you come out of the battle (even if you never died, dying just makes the repairs more extensive) with some shot power conduits and hull platings...go to your ship interiour and craft the replacements out of the crafting materials, or replicate some basic isolinear chips to repair the consoles that constantly blow up (atleast in the shows)

also, the damage system that is in place now...can be kept, since those are quick fixes, that need to be done appart from the big repairs after the battle.
That's kind of like BSGO. You go into a fight with durability and ship condition, and after a long drawn out fight, my ship usually went from 100% to anywhere from 60-70%. These numbers were meaningless until I hit 20% after which my hp was sliced in half and I went from a flying fortress to an armed joke. In order to repair durability, it wasn't free, you needed to mine titanium and repair your hull, your equipment, everything.

But as for this poster. Seriously. Why leave the game for 5 months, then come back and complain about it? Why not just stay gone? If you didn't like what you saw then, and you come back and don't like what you see now, why would you bother to waste our time with complaints? I agree with hippiejon. Just leave. You will find that none of us miss you or your negativity. Regardless of whether or not your suggestions hold any water, regardless of whether they make sense or are any good, the way you put them out just makes me want to slap you instead of listen.

So please, remove your post, and remove yourself. OR you can try and offer suggestions like the rest of us, with polite posts commenting on things, and occasionally insulting PWE, but not nearly to the extent you have.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-24-2012, 03:09 AM
Ah trolls gotta love them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 9
09-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Why is it that people so arrogant and rude oft display low levels of intelligence? For instance, failing to understand basic grammar and spelling...

It's really hard to take an "I'm better than all of you" speech seriously when it sounds like it's delivered by a 6yo.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-24-2012, 04:41 AM
Funny almost lv 46 here and loads left to do, perhaps 'cause i did not race through the storyline myself?

Only just started the Cardassian story...