Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 31
09-25-2012, 07:57 AM
You have 200 Keys? You need to find yourself something better to spend your money on.
Captain
# 32
09-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I just bought 100 Keys for 9,560 Zen, while the Keys are on sale. I still have 9,000 Zen on my Account and will have earned 1,500 Zen more by the end of the month via playing and my Stipend. I did not buy any of the Zen from Cryptic. Every penny of it has been earned simply by playing.

I can't speak for the person you're asking, but for myself the dollar amount is zero: whatever I win cost me nothing. It was all earned simply by playing a couple of hours a day.
I bought most with Zen from the sale - most of that earned in game - plus I get the 500 monthly Zen Stipend

I am not a huge fan of the past lock boxes but this one looks good + I am a big suppoter of spending money on anything that keeps the game going.

In total I have spent over $500 on STO and played for over 2500 hrs!! = 20 cents an hour

I consider that pretty good - a $5 movie rental at 2 hrs - maybe = $2.50 pr hour

The avg game at $50 these days you are lucky to get 25 hrs of play or $2 per hour

So all in all STO have been a VERY good entertainment investment.
Captain
# 33
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
I am highly tempted to increase this to a 300 key event!
Captain
# 34
09-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I bought most with Zen from the sale - most of that earned in game - plus I get the 500 monthly Zen Stipend

I am not a huge fan of the past lock boxes but this one looks good + I am a big suppoter of spending money on anything that keeps the game going.

In total I have spent over $500 on STO and played for over 2500 hrs!! = 20 cents an hour

I consider that pretty good - a $5 movie rental at 2 hrs - maybe = $2.50 pr hour

The avg game at $50 these days you are lucky to get 25 hrs of play or $2 per hour

So all in all STO have been a VERY good entertainment investment.
I personally have no problem spending money on the game - on any game I like. I'm sure before FTP I spent close to $1,000.00 on STO between various box sets, LTS, C-Store, etc. It's just that since FTP I haven't had any need to buy Zen. Between my Stipend and my daily Dilthium earnings I've managed to buy every Fed thing I wanted in the C-Store each month for free.

Until I bought the 100 Keys above I had only purchased 13 since the Lockboxes began. The Temporal Lockboxes finally have some ships I want so I'm willing to spend Cryptic's money on them. If my Zen runs out well, heck, that will be a sensation I haven't felt in over a year.
Commander
# 35
09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Changed your thread title to show that this thread was not "Official" or created to provide feedback, or constructive discussion, but is here primarily for the fun of it, and for that reason it's also being moved to Ten Forward.

P.S. Good luck levi3!
Career Officer
# 36
09-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Just a thought: this sort of thing might benefit from a spreadsheet. Google Docs and Office Online might be great options, since they can be shared (viewable, but not editable) with people with just a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I just bought 100 Keys for 9,560 Zen, while the Keys are on sale. I still have 9,000 Zen on my Account and will have earned 1,500 Zen more by the end of the month via playing and my Stipend. I did not buy any of the Zen from Cryptic. Every penny of it has been earned simply by playing.

I can't speak for the person you're asking, but for myself the dollar amount is zero: whatever I win cost me nothing. It was all earned simply by playing a couple of hours a day.
You are my hero ^_^

<--- currently working towards getting a D'Kora
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Empire Veteran
# 37
09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I am highly tempted to increase this to a 300 key event!
I'd be willing to sell you some keys if you need em. (cheaper than the exchange of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Rihannsu
# 38
09-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Looks like a great thread! I just hope there is no more nitpicking from anyone against the OP.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Captain
# 39
09-26-2012, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
Changed your thread title to show that this thread was not "Official" or created to provide feedback, or constructive discussion, but is here primarily for the fun of it, and for that reason it's also being moved to Ten Forward.

P.S. Good luck levi3!
You could have changed it to " The "Un-Official Temporal Lock-box Results" Thread - sounds much better.

But it's not too bad. I might make it 250 boxes as I want both the Fed and KDF destroyer and have 240 lobi already and would get 1000 min from the boxes but more likely 1300-1600
Captain
# 40
09-26-2012, 07:07 AM
I just bought another 50 Keys, still on sale, so that makes it 150 for me. With my luck I'll probably get the Wells and Korath in the first 50 and then have 100 Keys I can't really use.
Closed Thread