Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 51
09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
You should copy your character to Tribble a few times so you can get 1000 keys or so, and post those results. Usually, 1000 is a good sample size.
My character "Jenny" has 250 keys in her personal inventory - so if i copied her to tribble - it would show 250 keys - how do I do it 4 times to make 1000?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 52
09-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
My character "Jenny" has 250 keys in her personal inventory - so if i copied her to tribble - it would show 250 keys - how do I do it 4 times to make 1000?
Copy 4 Times. Have the other 3 copies mail their keys to the first copy.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 53
09-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Copy 4 Times. Have the other 3 copies mail their keys to the first copy.
It's all to much work - just copy once and that will give me results for 500(250 real and 250 fake) keys which is still a good sample size when the odds of the grand prize are supposed to be 1 in 100

do you have the link on the site where I copy to tribble? I have not done it since the tholian pre-season test weekend.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 54
09-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
It's all to much work - just copy once and that will give me results for 500(250 real and 250 fake) keys which is still a good sample size when the odds of the grand prize are supposed to be 1 in 100

do you have the link on the site where I copy to tribble? I have not done it since the tholian pre-season test weekend.
All past lockboxes have conformed to a .5% drop rate. All major tribble test runs used sample sizes of 1000. Given the low percentage of a ship, it could easily miss the first 500 opens, and stack up in (800 to 1000) out of 1000
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 55
09-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
All past lockboxes have conformed to a .5% drop rate. All major tribble test runs used sample sizes of 1000. Given the low percentage of a ship, it could easily miss the first 500 opens, and stack up in (800 to 1000) out of 1000
do you have the page on here that you copy your character?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
# 56
09-26-2012, 11:24 PM
I will be very interested to see the results of this.

Thanks for taking the time to post them.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 57
09-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
I will be very interested to see the results of this.

Thanks for taking the time to post them.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test

If you don't have enough character slots for four simultaneous copies, just copy one, put the keys into your mail, repeat, and then claim the mail with the 4th (or 1st, whatever) copy. If you send mail to your @handle only (so when you put the recipient, you'd put @<myhandle> only, no character in front of the @) any of your characters can claim items in that mail. Alternatively, if you have account bank slots, you could just dump them into your tribble side account bank.

Note that mailing and account bank using must be done by tribble charcters on tribble; the game distinguishes between the 2 servers.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,959
# 58
09-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Heck, if people don't want the boxes they get please send them my way. My handle is: 1st of Many@Phoenix_Lord. I will gladly post the results to help out.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 59
09-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Alright everyone less than 1.5 hrs until the excitement begins. Just a reminder that this is for entertainment purposes and my results don't reflect the odds of what you might get, of course after 250 boxes and I don't get a ship i will be a LITTLE disappointed!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,242
# 60
09-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Look on the bright side: as quickly as you grind Dilithium you can have 100 more Keys before the end of the month.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 PM.