Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
Because the last thread got erroneously combined with a thread in general feedback (hint: discussing PvP-related stuff isn't general feedback, it's PvP feedback. Mixing PvP feedback with PvE and RP feedback will only result in a massive flame war) so let's try this again.

Well, I guess if they were just trying to kill PvP they would have given siphon drones to the feds.

That being said, the AOE slow field sounds like something that will ruin PvP for a couple months and then get nerfed, and making AMS cross faction is a monumentally dumb decision.

What do you guys think?
Career Officer
# 2
09-24-2012, 06:26 PM
balanace by breaking both sides seems to be their thinking.

i feel bad for borticus. i mean either hes been outright lying to us the entire time hes been poking his head in here hes been lied to as well.

all his talk of "we're working on pvp" seems to mean theyre working on breaking things more and more.

this company sucks, and i hate what they've done with the star trek ip
Captain
# 3
09-24-2012, 06:27 PM
I dont pvp much anymore (i suck at is so why continue failing at it :p)

But yeah, i think pvp will suffer from the lock boxes

Just the names of the weapons, chroniton beams?
the AOE slow/self speed up
Something about REVERSING time?

I cant imagine this is going to help pvp :/

edit:
It will be funny to now hear (a small group of) federation players who say AMS is underpowered/not op, crying nerf it because klingons get it :p
Captain
# 4
09-24-2012, 06:30 PM
With no Siphon Drone fix on the horizon... it looks like FvK is going to be full of AMS + Siphon + AoE slow spamming "champions." Maybe with some GW thrown in for good measure, to melt graphics cards.
Captain
# 5
09-24-2012, 06:35 PM
lol, honestly I feel like I've just been priced right out of PvP. That's what I think.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
# 6
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
The slow field power sounds like a horrible idea for PvP. It's one thing to be able to slow or even disable a single ship, but to be able to slow down every ship around you just seems bad. On top of that, it even slows down your cooldowns so good luck getting that APO to be available to be able to get you back up to what...almost normal speed?

Maybe they should just remove lock box ships from PvP altogether, and this is coming from an owner of a multiple lockbox ships.
Captain
# 7
09-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post

Maybe they should just remove lock box ships from PvP altogether, and this is coming from an owner of a multiple lockbox ships.
Or offer PVP types e.g.
PVP with no lockbox.. anythings
PVP with no C-store ships/consoles

Part of me would love pvp in RA ships, no consoles (preferably no doffs) but i cant imagine that happening or being possible :/
Career Officer
# 8
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
just shoot pvp in the head and get it over with already.
Career Officer
# 9
09-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Because the last thread got erroneously combined with a thread in general feedback (hint: discussing PvP-related stuff isn't general feedback, it's PvP feedback. Mixing PvP feedback with PvE and RP feedback will only result in a massive flame war) so let's try this again.

Well, I guess if they were just trying to kill PvP they would have given siphon drones to the feds.

That being said, the AOE slow field sounds like something that will ruin PvP for a couple months and then get nerfed, and making AMS cross faction is a monumentally dumb decision.

What do you guys think?
First, I loled at siphons for Feds. It's probably coming at some point, won't be surprised. That way fed vs fed will be empty too and if we're still in the game we all will do pve like crazy... One less for cryptic to worry about.

This time crap that slows things down, it may not be a big deal if its not a significant slow, 1/4 slow for few secs won't be a big deal, 1/2 slow I can see as a bad idea. The thing that sucks is the recharge effects, it shouldn't happen, maybe decreased cool downs for the time ship, I can see that as not as bad but not too excited about either, would be a free aux to batt.

What I really want from this game in the next box is a time device that brings duke nukem. I really want to kick alien a$$ with duke and his machine gun. And smoke cigar in the ultra non smoking a-la mayor Bloomberg Star Trek atmosphere. At least it won't break pvp, if there is anything left to break at that point...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Banned
# 10
09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Fire that Retarded Freak Child known as Gecko. Now Cryptic or lose any hope what so ever of having a better than Bargain Bin Title on your hands. That Tardlet has the attention span of a gold fish or perhaps Michael Bay.