Captain
Dear Devs and Community,

I am pleased that the devs have decided to offer a truly Klingon science ship to us. The name, Korath, is charmingly canonical, even though Korath was an honorless Tod'Sah! I only hope that the ship's stats will live up to its very cool design and will truly give us a competitive science ship.

The only thing on my wishlist is that the ship could be offered both in the lockbox and in the C-store. I enjoy playing the lock boxes and anticipate that this particular box will be wildly successful, esp. given the other cool items being offered (great work devs!). But when it comes to ships, and especially one that I think the KDF really needs (a KDF science), I would also appreciate the option to just pay outright for it. Plus, from my perspective as a player, buying a KDF item directly seems to cast a stronger vote of support for the KDF than simply buy lockbox keys, which are faction neutral.

On a more personal note, Warrior's Way is also planning on doing some kind of ship review (exact format undetermined [radio interview on Priority 1, blog review, etc.?]). And I would very much like to fly the ship before I review it. If it were offered in C-Store, I could test it guaranteed; in lockbox, nothing is certain.

My Proposal: Offer the ship in both venues--C-Store and Lockbox for those of us who would rather not play the lottery.

What do my fellow KDF players think? Good idea? Bad idea?

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 2
09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Sorry, KDF players. I posted this in the wrong forum. Please post replies to the following link in the KDF Fleetyards:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=397461

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-25-2012, 06:08 PM
So on average how much DL is needed to buy keys for X average boxes to possibly, luck aside, of winning a ship period?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Sorry, KDF players. I posted this in the wrong forum. Please post replies to the following link in the KDF Fleetyards:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=397461
DAMNIT!
Smoke got in my eye and ...........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.