Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Is anybody good at taking a person from the real world and converting them via character creaton in STO? I try, but I seem to get close and then it gets worse.
I realize there are limits in what you can do, but I am having a hard time making a "lieutenant Saavik"
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,468
# 2
09-26-2012, 05:15 PM
If you ever make WoK Saavik then post the details ... ahem.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
# 3
09-26-2012, 05:24 PM
That is precisely who I am trying to make. But artistry was never my strong suit. It start to look like her, and then....Nope
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 796
# 4
09-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Sadly, there are rules against this sort of thing in the EULA... you know, that think you clicked "yes" to just to start the freaking download.

End User Lisesning agreement

Quote:
Prohibited Uses of the Star Trek Properties:
You may not use the first or last names, likenesses, or other depictions of any actors appearing in, or writers, directors, or producers of the Star Trek Properties.
This is because Paramount actually has a copyright on the "look" of Lt. Saavik and other Star Trek characters. Also, the actress herself (Kristy Alley or Robin Curtis... depending on which show you watch ) Has the right to say where her face can go. Thus, to squash all fears and to prevent form having a thousand or so Picard clones (Like we have all those "Enterprizes"), STO decided to just nip it in the bud and say all images of established canon characters are banned.

Unless you REALLY want to start a lawsuit with PWE and Paramount...

**Edit** I realize that the posted EULA is for the foundry only, but I believe the principle is the same. At any rate, I can't find the general EULA on this site (THANKS PWE!!!). Can anyone else confirm this for me?

Last edited by kyeto13; 09-27-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 124
# 5
09-27-2012, 03:04 PM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092714551.jpg/

Maybe something along the lines of this?

Just made this like 10 min ago playing around with the character editor...
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
# 6
09-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptiecop View Post
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092714551.jpg/

Maybe something along the lines of this?

Just made this like 10 min ago playing around with the character editor...
Wow that is really good. It reminds me a little more of Star Trek III Saavik.
I am trying use the "alien" template, as I am mostly looking for looks rather than actually making a charater representing her.

In general, is there any way to reduce cheek bone width? I can decrease jaw width, cheek width, and top of head width but not the thing in the middle.

Last edited by eoshadow; 09-27-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 124
# 7
09-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoshadow View Post
Wow that is really good. It reminds me a little more of Star Trek III Saavik.
I am trying use the "alien" template, as I am mostly looking for looks rather than actually making a charater representing her.

In general, is there any way to reduce cheek bone width? I can decrease jaw width and top of head width but not the thing in the middle.
I tried it on an "alien" and ended up using the "vulcan"...the alien one was not comming out quite as sharp on the face details for whatever reason...I'll re-log that look in and get you the slider detail for the cheek...

2.5 on cheeks...you can't really reduce the cheek bone width...just the cheek itself...

Last edited by cryptiecop; 09-27-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
# 8
09-27-2012, 03:38 PM
OKay thanks
Do you think you could make a quick one for the Kirstie Alley version of the character? I could send you some pictures that I was using for template. The thing is I already made the character, so I am mostly just doing plastic surgery on what I have since I don't want to restart the characters since school does not give me a lot of time to play. That is why I am limited to the Alien model.

Thanks for your help!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 124
# 9
09-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoshadow View Post
OKay thanks
Do you think you could make a quick one for the Kirstie Alley version of the character? I could send you some pictures that I was using for template. The thing is I already made the character, so I am mostly just doing plastic surgery on what I have since I don't want to restart the characters since school does not give me a lot of time to play. That is why I am limited to the Alien model.

Thanks for your help!
I will see what I can do and get back to you via PM...
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
# 10
09-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks,
and take your time on it, there is no rush. You are doing me the favor.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.