Career Officer
So I moved my STO (and CO) install directory. How do I tell the two launchers where the new directory is?
Career Officer
# 2
09-26-2012, 07:08 PM
It shouldn't matter, just create a short cut to the launcher. You can run this game off an external drive if you wanted to, like I did some of the older netbooks I had.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 3
09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
It shouldn't matter, just create a short cut to the launcher. You can run this game off an external drive if you wanted to, like I did some of the older netbooks I had.
You don't get it. I copied the launcher over with the entire directory, but the launcher has some sort of stored value that thinks the game should be in the old directory and wants to redownload 13 GB of data into the old directory. I don't know how to change the path the Launcher has stored.
Career Officer
# 4
09-26-2012, 07:43 PM
I know that if you load the game from one directory and it tries to update, you cancel and start the folder with the game even if its updated it will begin updating it. This is from past experience, haven't had to run this way for a while (since I stopped being on really slow cellphone internet).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?