Ok, I'll just get this out of the way: it seems as though once again the Federation gets gimped by the lockbox. How you say? The Klingons gets the one console everyone seems to love to hate: Antimatter Spread. Now we get to see cloaked BoPs AMSing everywhere. How wonderful.
So what does the Federation get in exchange? Did we get the Aceton Assimilator? Plasmonic Leech? No! We get the single most useless console the Klingons could have possibly given us. Has ANY of you ever seen Isometric Charge used in ANY context? I've done quite a bit of PvP and PvE in my time and I've yet to see any Klingon captain ever equip that piece of junk.
*sigh* OK, my QQing is over. But I'm guessing that the next time, the devs will somehow give the Klingons the Ablative Hull Armor module or the Multi-Vector Assault Mode, and give the Feds ... the Magnetometric Generator! I bet some of you don't even know what that is. You shouldn't, it's even worse than the Isometric Charge.
I'm not sure I understand, do you actually WANT assimilators & leech in fed queues? I know I fu*king DONT.
Originally Posted by thissler
And I thought I was stuck in low level PVP cause I suck!
Now I know its cause I use the Impulse Capacitance Console AND I suck.
Knowing is half the battle!
Don't worry, I have equipped sometimes too, my "Runaway Console" as my fellow fleeties call it, is a breath of fresh air when half the other team breaks and runs instead of sticking with their team/healer
Last edited by aquitaine985; 09-27-2012 at 06:56 AM.
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about these 'special' consoles anyway - unless they really are something special they simply take up a console slot that could probably (emphasis PROBABLY - I know there are exceptions to the rule) be used by something to better effect.
And I want to know where my Subspace Fart console went!
AMS is annoying and spammy, but a one-trick pony. Sure it confuses you and everything, but that's about it.
Iso. charge...that's a beautiful thing. It only does damage, but it's just so nice, even if it does have a long CD on it.
1. Almost double base damage if you max out particle generators skill.
2. It NEVER misses. At least I have never seen it miss.
3. Can be further buffed by tactical buffs and particle generator consoles.
4. Gets stronger the more it hits including a large AoE on the final hit.
5. Can still get a critical hit as well.
6. Is instantly firing, not affected by power levels.
7. Pretty much guaranteed to remove a shield facing on any frigate, escort, and some cruiser PvE enemies (and some unfortunate PvP ones too if they don't know it's coming/don't move their shields once it hits)
8. Is difficult to resist, because it's electrical damage, not something like antiproton or anything. Only Neutronium alloy consoles and various all Damage Resist buffs in any form will resist it (E-power to shields, Aux to structural, etc).
I've seen some of my own Isometric charges on the Klingon side, before it was put into the lockbox, the final hit upwards of 50k damage or more. I think the most was possibly a 100k critical, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
All that is probably why it's gonna get nerfed soon regardless. :p