Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
I'm getting complaints about my fleet members using scramble sensors. This is either due to a bug or because the victims do not have appropriate counters for it.

Either way, if you are bugged by SS. Fraps yourself being scrambled, and then after effect of the bug. If you are strictly complaining about SS because it's annoying, well that's just something you need to work on.

Provide proof it is in fact broken being broken as we have been running tests to prove this. There have not been any tangible results to say the least. The running of scramble sensors is not vindictive by Turkish RP Heroes. If you decide to discuss your disgruntlement, we can arrange a meeting. Proof on these forums will promp the Devs to fix this problem, just like how they fixed the weapons stop firing problem.

I'm PaxOttomana and I approve this message.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (RP somehow stands for SS).
Career Officer
# 2
09-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Weird, I only saw you quote your own name & fleet name twice each, Pax. It's usually WAY more then that!

As for SS, who cares, really? You're hardpressed to go into any PVP anymore and not get SS'ed or AMS'ed into oblivion.
Commander
# 3
09-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Unless they recently fixed it, evasive misfires when scrambled.
Commander
# 4
09-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheyak View Post
Unless they recently fixed it, evasive misfires when scrambled.
We have found that AMS causes this. And have written a ticket about it.

Points into sensors drastically reduce the time in which you are scrambled. Also, if you are scrambled and then you are cleared by immunity/expiry and then AMS'd, the immunity is not working correctly. In other words, you're supposed to be immune to AMS as well after being scrambled. However, if you are scrambled again during your immunity, you will not be scrambled.

We have tested this along side with Warlord of S.O.B.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Clarification: You only become immune to the Confuse portion of AMS after SS is cleared from your ship. The Jam Sensor effect and Perception debuff can still take effect.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-27-2012, 09:35 AM
I've been hit with a bug brought on by scramble sensors and/or viral matrix that disabled my ships weapons. To explain, I died while affected by both of these and when I respawned my weapons would not fire until I died and respawned again some minutes later. Another team mate in that same game had that problem, that's either a weird coincidence or evidence of people abusing an exploit.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
I thought we had the UI lockout issues fixed previously? Were they ever confirmed to no longer appear on Holodeck? And if so, about what date did they start re-appearing?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Commander
# 8
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I thought we had the UI lockout issues fixed previously? Were they ever confirmed to no longer appear on Holodeck? And if so, about what date did they start re-appearing?
Borticus, I know Devs have in previous times visited other teamspeaks, vents, etc of other pvp fleets. Our fleet Turkish RP Heroes hosts a teamspeak addressed to all PvP players whom choose to use it.

I would like to invite you to this TS to perhaps discuss some of the things we can give feed back to you on an already very difficult job that's been given to you.

Our address is internationalpvp.typefrag.com:62245, should you decide to pay us a visit let us know when, so we can compile a forthcoming discussion that can be directed to you.

@PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (We're not really an RP fleet).
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Not sure when it Started happening again but it has been back for atleast a few weeks, If you die when you are scrambled you have to log out and log back in or none of your powers will work.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
Not sure when it Started happening again but it has been back for atleast a few weeks, If you die when you are scrambled you have to log out and log back in or none of your powers will work.
Slightly different from my experince. My self targeting heals/buffs worked but weapons were off line for a while. Thanks to this glitch(fair to call an exploit) and scramble sensors not working in STF's I've removed it from my builds for tractor beams or tractor beam repulsors.