Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
Anyone have suggestions - if building a new Captain from scratch - so picking traits as well.

Sci? Eng? Tac?

What do you think?
Career Officer
# 2
09-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Sci or Eng, pick the traits you want
Captain
# 3
09-27-2012, 08:47 AM
The Wells lends itself to a Sci , and the Mobius lends itself well to whoever did a good job with a MVAM -- as it has similarly only 2 Engineering Console slots .

But since both ships come with 2 universal Boff slots , some unique combo's might be possible .
Also , the Wells has Sensor Scan but cannot equip cannons , while the Mobius is the exact opposite .
Career Officer
# 4
09-27-2012, 08:48 AM
I always liked this guide for trait selection.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast
Captain
# 5
09-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Well as far as traits go i intend to make them space only - so alien characters.

I have 2 new slots so 1 will be Fed and 1 will be KDF - for KDF I will try to create character around the leech as much as possible.(and the fed to - just in case the worst thing to piss off just about all KDF players happens and the leech is made availible to the Fed)
Captain
# 6
09-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Efficient + Ware Core + Accurate + Ellusive

Thats on my TAC and all my Boffs are Lethean Efficient Purple
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Almost 3 years playing this game and I still can't believe people are trying to match captain types to ships. You add your captain abilities to your ship. Whatever ship that is. Your captain type does not dictate which ship you must fly.

Raptr profile
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
Almost 3 years playing this game and I still can't believe people are trying to match captain types to ships. You add your captain abilities to your ship. Whatever ship that is. Your captain type does not dictate which ship you must fly.
I understand that, but there are still issues after all.
A tac capatin in a Vo'quv = weak.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Commander
# 9
09-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Only because you haven't taken the time to learn how to do it. The only reason I had my tac give up his carrier was because I couldn't stand the horrible turn rate.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Funny... My tac Gorn flew a Vo'quv for a long time (the IKS Gagh'laktika) before switching to the Bortas (the regular, non-C-Store version), and have been thinking of switching back to it on the few occasions I play on the KDF side (no issue with the content, I just don't care about klingons) because my Bortas seems less effective than my Vo'quv. I think it's just a matter of personal playstyles.

Raptr profile