Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg vessel hitting lockboxes?
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Is there going to be a unique (aka wont ever be in C-Store) borg vessel in the future, like the Cardassian Golar Cruiser or Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

If so I would like to share some ideas

It should be a leveling ship to "simulate" assimilations it has made. Starting as an Lt. as you gain ranks it gains more weapon/console slots and crew. And when you hit Vice Admiral it becomes a sphere if your a tactical officer, a cube if an engineer, and a diamond if science officer. It will probably have built in abilities like a tractor beam and... maybe... invisible torpedoes!

Disregarding the invisible torpedoes that the current NPC borgs have, sound ideas I think. Just food for thought
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
No...no...and no some more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Tactical Cube deals 26324 (100286) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.

(yes, thats me running nearly 75% kinetic resist at time of impact. It nearly 1-shotted my carrier)

They're not invisible. They're camouflaged as regular torpedos.

Somewhere, deep inside borg ships is a drone on PMS adjusting the warhead yields.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 10:03 PM
@CmdrSkyfaller lmao!

@Sorotia Not a fan of the borg vessels I see
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2012, 08:49 AM
We've been given god-like Odyssey variants, might as well throw a Cube into the mix.

/sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarlord
@CmdrSkyfaller lmao!

@Sorotia Not a fan of the borg vessels I see
With something like the borg you can either make it op or weak...either way people will complain. If you want to get somewhat technical how are you going to run it?

Their are so many things I would imagine that need a hive collective's touch, without the impressive regenerative capabilities I would imagine a borg vessel would be made into swiss cheese easy enough. Romulans have been known to capture borg vessels, I would imagine their are reasons why they never employed the ships themselves and just worked in reverse engineering the tech.

Without the efficiency of the borg I don't see how their vessels can be run at near the potential they have.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Borg Playable ship? To quote Will Smith: "Aw, hell no!"
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2012, 12:43 PM
and u start off as probe ? ))
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
Tactical Cube deals 26324 (100286) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.

(yes, thats me running nearly 75% kinetic resist at time of impact. It nearly 1-shotted my carrier)

They're not invisible. They're camouflaged as regular torpedos.

Somewhere, deep inside borg ships is a drone on PMS adjusting the warhead yields.
Sorry but I have been hit 15km out from a cube from the invisible uber torpedo. It has been stated by Cryptic that it is a known bug.

And yes if you get a torpedo "lock" and fire within 10km your pretty much going to hit unless they can shoot it down, I don't believe you can outrun a torpedo.

My question is did the Borg actually use torpedoes? I don't remember it from the show but my memory isn't perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
It is possible to out run a torp if you use evasive as well as getting engine power as high as possible using batteries and using emergency power to the engines but when those run dry the torpedo will catch up!

Anyway, when I saw the title of this thread I thought the borg had started shooting at the lockboxes! Silly me I guess.