Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Howdy captains,

I have a question. I've been using the Ionized Gas Sensor console for a while now, particularly in STFs on a modified tricobalt to seek out Donatra. It seemed to do its job well there as well as tracking down cloaked (or otherwise visibly distant) NPCs. However in the last few days I've noticed strange behavior...

Emission-Seeker photon torpedoes, when launched lately from the forward torpedo tube within 12 to 15km of an enemy, simply seem to sit in space, unmoving. They make no attempt to 'hunt' sometimes. When they DO track, they meander within the 10km detection zone for commonly hidden NPCs (the old one-visible-BoP-with-three-cloaked-buddies-nearby tactic) and will ignore the three cloaked vessels that are obviously there to strike the visible enemy. And in an STF I've just concluded, I launched it to track Donatra..but it began chasing my own ally instead. Funny, but useless.

From the visual demonstration before the torpedo was released (and its own info file), I've seen its intended operation as tracking down cloaked enemies on priority, and only attacking visible enemies when no cloaked enemies are present. I have used this ability several times in the recent week and it has failed to locate enemy NPCs.

My question: Is this console's modification working as intended for others? As in does it properly launch, hunt, and locate cloaked enemies to attack without stalling or targeting allies.

A side concern is that this torpedo needs to be fired within the 10km range of cloaked enemies to properly track, which reduces its usefulness considering NPC enemies are scripted to reveal themselves anyway when you are within attack range.

Thanks for any applicable feedback I can use before deciding to file a bug.

-- Niko
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
*kick-bump*

Honestly, does no one have any input on this?
Lieutenant
# 3
09-25-2012, 02:12 AM
I'm gonna bump this and say that I agree that the Emission-Seeking Torpedo doesn't seem to work properly.

Quote:
The modified Torpedo will seek out any cloaked or otherwise masked ships and track them down. If it cannot detect a cloaked targets, it will then seek the next valid target.
This Hardly happens, even firing it off against visible targets results in the torpedo hanging in space and beeping merrily away to itself. It also doesn't seem to disable the targets cloak should it hit.

For something with a 2min cool down that is meant to counter some of the Klingon advantages with cloak in PvP this needs some kind of boost.
Career Officer
# 4
10-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Yes, I agree this needs some work. We are not asking for a buff, merely for it to work as described in the tool tip.

If something was to be buffed it should be the speed of the projectile, it is painfully slow and it feels as though any cloaked ship can outrun it.

Doesn't it say that this console modifies a normal torpedo? If so, it should move as fast as a normal torpedo.
Rihannsu
# 5
10-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I tried it a few times and it sucks.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Career Officer
# 6
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
This would be so cool if it worked properly, it would be one of my favourite powers except for gravity well
Career Officer
# 7
10-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, I tried it a few times and it sucks.
Agreed, it sucks. The torpedoes just hover there and do nothing, even when an enemy ship is cloaked. I got the ship because it looks cool. However, it would be nice if the console that came with it actually works as intended.
Rihannsu
# 8
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgenius180 View Post
Agreed, it sucks. The torpedoes just hover there and do nothing, even when an enemy ship is cloaked. I got the ship because it looks cool. However, it would be nice if the console that came with it actually works as intended.
If you wait long enough it will eventually lock on. It's lock on code seems to use the same time delay function that mines do.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 9
10-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
If you wait long enough it will eventually lock on. It's lock on code seems to use the same time delay function that mines do.
Eventually, sometimes. Not always, and if it does, the target outruns it.
Rihannsu
# 10
10-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarswe View Post
Eventually, sometimes. Not always, and if it does, the target outruns it.
Yeah, I think it might have a detection range the same way mines do. Either way it sucks in it's current form.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!