Career Officer
# 11
09-28-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
The torp global was always stupid... and should have never been put into place in the first place. It was born of the same dumb thinking that saw the Brel unable to heal itself at all when it launched... some crazy fear that that would make it up...

Frankly Sci ships should have always been viable full kinetic... its not like its a fantastic playstyle... try doing some solo PvE with a full kinetic build.
Nothing wrong the 1 sec torp GCD in and of itself, but when it was introduced 99% of the benefit went to the ship class that was already too OP. The dev team was thinking inside a bubble and didn't bother checking how balance would be changed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
09-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Finally a bit of optimism! I sometimes feel that the efforts of Cryptic to improve the PvP is inversely proportional to the criticism received...more hate less work...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-28-2012, 05:21 AM
I agree. Thanks, Borticus and the whole team.

I ***** becuase I care....
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 14
09-28-2012, 06:39 AM
I've all but completely lost my taste for diplomacy. Every week that sees any adjustment at all includes at best a half assed fix and the (re)introduction of three even bigger problems. Poor design. Bad mechanics. Ridiculous (lol)balance. Bad attitudes. Ok, that last one is me but it's been beaten out of me by disappointment, short sightedness and neglect.

That's my piece. I'll keep the rest of my negativity out of this thread. Good luck.
Career Officer
# 15
09-28-2012, 07:12 AM
No. I'm sorry. But i'm not giving out praise for stuff like this.

You don't praise somebody for single-handedly putting out a house fire and saving the people inside from burning if HE was the one that started the fire in the first place.

You don't thank somebody for catching you and breaking your fall if it was HE who tripped you up!

I'm not thanking Cryptic for fixing things when they should not have been ingame to begin with. If Cryptic cared even slightly they'd let us test things on Tribble in order to pick out bugs and give feedback. But that takes time that Cryptic doesen't have, and it gives players the chance to try before they buy. There's a reason the newest C-Store ships arn't on Tribble, infact I don't think any have been put on Tribble since Season 5! All so they can squeeze out a few more pennies.

Let me see some new PVP maps, let me see some PVP rewards worth a damn, let me see Dev Blogs telling us about interesting things that actually relate psitively to PVP. And most of all, they can stop lying to us saying "Oh sorry, putting Fleet Marks into PVP is too easy to abuse" when people can easily make new toons, level them slightly then get 50 free marks and about 1,500 dilithium a day for free via a certain mission we ALL do. It's patronizing.

I'd be at the very front of the pack singing my praises and patting people on the back (as I have in the past, specially with the last Featured Episodes) but first they need to make some commitments.
Career Officer
# 16
09-28-2012, 08:01 AM
To put it bluntly, you're correct in regards to pvp ^^^^^^^^. Things had been to some point unchanged. And since is in fact pvp forum, we should only post comments with regards to pvp. But the game in whole is better. That's what Hus said (he did say thank you cryptic though, but I'm sure he didn't really mean it, lol). And who knows, may be also because the little tiny pve hero in himself, lol.

I know you weren't picking on bort here, but bort and maybe few others are trying to fix this mess using the little they have. The management sucks! They are careless and should have their butts chewed! Because they are the ones that keep bs-ing us and do squat for pvp! Right mr ministry of truth dstahl? He may in fact work at CBS, there is about same truth and bs going on with their news too...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...

Last edited by trueprom3theus; 09-28-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 17
09-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
The management sucks! They are careless and should have their butts chewed! Because they are the ones that keep bs-ing us and do squat for pvp!
Chances are thier Eyes are more on Profit over balance since its a known fact they think "a little OP" sells product..........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lieutenant
# 18
09-28-2012, 12:41 PM
in my eyes they aint done jack **** for pvp ,,, im pretty much sick to death of all the bs that comes with this game,,,,

bk to battlefield
Career Officer
# 19
09-28-2012, 01:04 PM
I have to agree with Husanak generally. I wouldn't single out Borticus, except for the fact that he does actually come to the forums.

As for PvP - wasted potential, with little hope of getting it fixed any time soon, if ever.
Captain
# 20
09-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Just want to second everything Hus has said so far. Don't get me wrong, it's been a very slow process at times and there are things that are still just inexcusable for being in the live engine at this point, but the game has changed for the better in a lot of ways and it really is just a huge goldmine of potential waiting to be tapped.