Republic Veteran
# 11
09-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Temporal Inversion Field:
5KM Sphere
3 Min recharge
Seems to last about 30 seconds or so, but next time I do it I will check the actual numbers.
Commanding Officer of Task Force Midnight
Check out The Verdict for all your gaming news needs. www.dutchjustice.com
Captain
# 12
09-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novathelegend View Post
Temporal Inversion Field:
5KM Sphere
3 Min recharge
Seems to last about 30 seconds or so, but next time I do it I will check the actual numbers.
I thought I saw a count of 20 somewhere in the description. I had assumed that was how long it lasted.
Lieutenant
# 13
09-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I wish - I have the two of the three (though could really use another set of the Chroniton Dual Beam Banks) but can't see how could obtain sufficent Lobi without buying silly amounts of lockbox key packs, so guess two out of three will have to suffice.
Quote:
I have the set.

Yes they benefit from Antiproton consoles.

The 2 piece set gives you 27.4% to Chroniton projectiles.

Temporal Inversion Field for 3 piece -200% to flight speed to enemies
-150% to turn rate
-150% to power recharge

to self:
50% to flight speed
100% to turn
150% to power recharge
Fantastic - thanks for the details!

Have you tried using this to break out of a tractor beam? While the description doesn't include the "Immunity to Movement Debuffs" description like APO, I wonder it has a similar effect?
Republic Veteran
# 14
09-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I thought I saw a count of 20 somewhere in the description. I had assumed that was how long it lasted.
You might be right. I honestly haven't looked at the bar when I use it because im focused on the targets.
Republic Veteran
# 15
09-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletedgear View Post
Fantastic - thanks for the details!

Have you tried using this to break out of a tractor beam? While the description doesn't include the "Immunity to Movement Debuffs" description like APO, I wonder it has a similar effect?
I have not tried that yet. But I will say it saved my sorry behind quite a few times. Even once from absolute death. I popped it just before an isometric charge hit me. I blew up, got the defeated pop up, and then immediately was back alive again with about 40% hull.
Community Moderator
# 16
09-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
I have not tried that yet. But I will say it saved my sorry behind quite a few times. Even once from absolute death. I popped it just before an isometric charge hit me. I blew up, got the defeated pop up, and then immediately was back alive again with about 40% hull.
Aren't you referring to the Tipler Cylinder "rewind" and not the Temporal set from the Lobi store?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 17
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
This is the first set I actually wanted and now it looks like since the toon I wanted to put it on isn't my Lobi bank I'm screwed. Hello, account bound Reward Packs for this kind of stuff please?
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 18
09-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, using Chroniton beams has resulted in at least one instance of my being accused of flying a rainbow boat!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Ensign
# 19
09-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
I have the set.

Yes they benefit from Antiproton consoles.

The 2 piece set gives you 27.4% to Chroniton projectiles.

Temporal Inversion Field for 3 piece -200% to flight speed to enemies
-150% to turn rate
-150% to power recharge

to self:
50% to flight speed
100% to turn
150% to power recharge
Just to clarify, the "to self" buff part of this only happens if the 3 piece set is equipped on a temporal science vessel or temporal destroyer (according to the item descriptions).
Career Officer
# 20
09-28-2012, 01:02 PM
What a brilliant ploy the temporal set is, isn't it? Yep, Cryptic's marketing department really outdid themselves, this time! Chapeau! Because now, despite that you can buy the ships themselves on exchange, they still force you to use 600 (non-tradeable) lobi worth of lockbox keys to get a uselful, matching set to go with it.

Yeah, I know, nobody's putting a gun to my head, making me buy these, blah, blah. But that's not the point: the point is that you now no longer can get around the lockboxes (at least C-ships with unique consoles you could simply buy).

So, 800 + 600 (3x 200) = 1400 lobi for a fully fitted ship. With no way to circumvent the lockboxes. Great job, Cryptic!