Rihannsu
# 31
09-30-2012, 01:21 AM
The Temporal Disruption Device really should be updated to be beefed up by Chronitons for the second set power/console.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-30-2012, 09:42 AM
temporal disruption device is weak and not worth the lobi. The set bonus for three pieces is a waste as well.

Better off with the DBB and the console and use a chroniton torp for the damage.

I used this with two borg antiproton dhc up front, chroniton, lobi DBB and three borg antiproton turrets in the rear.

I was surprised at how much DPS that I was putting out.

How come the only antiproton stuff available is through crafting? I could not find any ap weapons without the DMG proc!
Republic Veteran
# 33
09-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't find the disruption device to be that bad. I'm using 2x antiproton DHC MK 12, the chroniton beam, and chroniton torps fore. 2x antiproton turrets MK 12 aft with the disruption device.

The way I use it is when I get the targets shield facing down I just hit reverse, turn and fire on bare hull. It isn't monumental but its not terrible either
Commanding Officer of Task Force Midnight
Check out The Verdict for all your gaming news needs. www.dutchjustice.com
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-01-2012, 02:46 AM
they are affected by boffs and the high yield version was pretty sweet!
Career Officer
# 35
10-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopeofbeers View Post
The set bonus for two pieces equipped is added damage if you run Chroniton torpedoes.

Also, I've heard this elsewhere, but can someone confirm that the Temporal Disruption Device does, in fact, NOT do Chroniton damage and does NOT receive the two-piece bonus of its own set? Because the TDD's in-game description says it does Chroniton damage, so that seems like a bug to me.
It's not a bug, because Temporal Disruption Device, while doing Chroniton damage, is, in fact, a Tricobalt device (took me a bit to find it, but it's on the description for the weapons tray). As such, it's affected by the TCD Subspace Infuser (confirmed it myself).
Career Officer
# 36
10-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
The Temporal Disruption Device really should be updated to be beefed up by Chronitons for the second set power/console.
Yeah - as already stated, I've found that it can be a bit of a beast when fired whilst the (enemy) target's shields are down (or sufficently weak that pounding them AFTER the device is fired takes them down before the device hits).
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Ensign
# 37
10-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
What a brilliant ploy the temporal set is, isn't it? Yep, Cryptic's marketing department really outdid themselves, this time! Chapeau! Because now, despite that you can buy the ships themselves on exchange, they still force you to use 600 (non-tradeable) lobi worth of lockbox keys to get a uselful, matching set to go with it.

Yeah, I know, nobody's putting a gun to my head, making me buy these, blah, blah. But that's not the point: the point is that you now no longer can get around the lockboxes (at least C-ships with unique consoles you could simply buy).

So, 800 + 600 (3x 200) = 1400 lobi for a fully fitted ship. With no way to circumvent the lockboxes. Great job, Cryptic!
Yeah... I don't even feel like playing the game anymore. Why? You can't get loot anymore without playing the lock box game. At least, not loot that is going to even come close to matching the OP stuff in lock-boxes.

Now I play the exchange market typhoon game...
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
It's not a bug, because Temporal Disruption Device, while doing Chroniton damage, is, in fact, a Tricobalt device (took me a bit to find it, but it's on the description for the weapons tray). As such, it's affected by the TCD Subspace Infuser (confirmed it myself).
Thanks so much for testing the TDD! Time to start grinding Lobi for it

If I may ask one more thing: is the TDD's proc duration affected by Graviton Generators like the Chroniton torpedo? I think you can just attach a Graviton Generator console and see if the proc duration increases in the weapon tray.

Or do you think the Subspace Decompiler skill improves its proc? I don't know how to test that, though, other than an expensive respec since there's no console.

Thank you so much again!
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Does it share a cooldown with tricobalt weapons?
Captain
# 40
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Does it share a cooldown with tricobalt weapons?
I would also like to know this^^.

Also, the 3 pieces are Bind on Purchase? Not in a box that binds when you unpack it?