Career Officer
# 41
10-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Does it share a cooldown with tricobalt weapons?
Yes, it binds on purchase, which forced me to put it on another character then I wanted.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 42
10-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Yes, it binds on purchase, which forced me to put it on another character then I wanted.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I was inferring but I wanted to be sure.
Career Officer
# 43
10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopeofbeers View Post
Or do you think the Subspace Decompiler skill improves its proc? I don't know how to test that, though, other than an expensive respec since there's no console.
This is a good question - one easy way to test would be to use a Deflector with Sub. Decompiler on it, instead of a console.
Career Officer
# 44
10-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I bought the set and after some initial concern, I'm coming to love it. With all the slow down abilities, I was able to save an Infected elite run from a moron who blew the generators to early.

That said, the Temporal Disruption Device seems to move so friggin SLOW. I fire and it falls behind me, I'm faster that it and I'm not even move speed 30. I think this needs a buff as many times I fire it and it never hits the target because they out run it forever.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
I bought the set and after some initial concern, I'm coming to love it. With all the slow down abilities, I was able to save an Infected elite run from a moron who blew the generators to early.

That said, the Temporal Disruption Device seems to move so friggin SLOW. I fire and it falls behind me, I'm faster that it and I'm not even move speed 30. I think this needs a buff as many times I fire it and it never hits the target because they out run it forever.
It was a waste to me since the target was usually obliterated before it hit...!

I guess it's for the larger target?
Empire Veteran
# 46
10-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
What a brilliant ploy the temporal set is, isn't it? Yep, Cryptic's marketing department really outdid themselves, this time! Chapeau! Because now, despite that you can buy the ships themselves on exchange, they still force you to use 600 (non-tradeable) lobi worth of lockbox keys to get a uselful, matching set to go with it.

Yeah, I know, nobody's putting a gun to my head, making me buy these, blah, blah. But that's not the point: the point is that you now no longer can get around the lockboxes (at least C-ships with unique consoles you could simply buy).

So, 800 + 600 (3x 200) = 1400 lobi for a fully fitted ship. With no way to circumvent the lockboxes. Great job, Cryptic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barber22 View Post
Yeah... I don't even feel like playing the game anymore. Why? You can't get loot anymore without playing the lock box game. At least, not loot that is going to even come close to matching the OP stuff in lock-boxes.

Now I play the exchange market typhoon game...
Taking that 1400 lobi idea further.

1400 lobi / 5.5 lobi per box (apparently the average) = 254.54 boxes
254.54 boxes requires just as many keys. At 100zen each key that's 25454.54 zen

So yeah $254 for the ship and set! (providing my maths is correct)
I refuse to pay that much money for a ship.

After the Tholian boxes and now the temporal ones I only had enough lobi to buy the kdf shuttle. (Still over priced imo but wanted the deflector)

Obtaining the sci ship by pure luck runs at about $376 per ship _before_ purchasing set pieces.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I spent a bunch of Real Cash on this game, more then Ill admit to...ah, My better half. I'd be on the couch.

But at this point, after I saw the New Lobi Store Tachy Kenetic whatever Console. I realized I want it on all my toons, but that's too much to pay PER Character. What around $40, so $120 total.

Seeing as how I want each toon to play differently, account unlock ships meant nothing to me, I bought a couple for each toon so I could get a different experience outta each. Hell, bought 4 for my 1 Klink Toon, But, the growing cost for single unlocks like Consoles is too steep now.
Meaning I gotta pick one toon and that's my main. Give up any fantasies of running multiple.

But seeing as how nicely they are stocking the Lobi with expensive Character Specific stuff, this is the future the game is taking. And until PVP actually matters, I Give up. I'll log in, play Doffs, and Foundry, RP stuff, have fun. log out.

I can't support it anymore with cash. Ill slowly grind Dilith, and Im sure fall behind as they keep making better and better Items. So at least there'll always be something to get, thats a plus. But no more real cash. Hell I was spending around $100 a month when I first started. lol. Thats done now.
Career Officer
# 48
10-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post

Same; managed to use mine in a instance of Cure Elite - a group of Negh' Vars on approach to a slightly damaged Kang - looked like they were going to reach firing range before anyone could intercept them, so fired off Gravity Well II at them and then activated the Temporal Inversion Field . Gave me time to heal the Kang and fire a Chroniton torpedo spread - and the rest of team were able to get in position to mop those Negh'Vars up

Agree with what you say about the Disruption Device though - fantastic when it hits, but it must be a victim of it's own power - namely, it moves so slow that I do question whether it's slowed time around itself. And the high-yield one may as well be travelling back in time - have lost count of the number of times I've fired a HY Temporal Disruption Device and the target has been destroyed before the warhead got anywhere near it! Although, to be fair, it works pretty well if you are 'right on top' of the target.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 10-02-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Lieutenant
# 49
10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtshead View Post
This is a good question - one easy way to test would be to use a Deflector with Sub. Decompiler on it, instead of a console.
Great idea! Can anyone with the TDD test this? Attach a Graviton Generator console or a deflector with a Subspace Decompiler modifier and check which affects the proc duration? Thank you!
Ensign
# 50
10-03-2012, 12:56 PM
OK, you guys might hate me, but I got my wife a stack of 20 keys... and she pulled a Wells on #9 !

I had enough EC to buy a Mobius off the exchange, so I did. Now I'm wondering, which would be the best Captain to fly a temporal destroyer with the full set? I'm leaning toward either a Borg Engineer or Borg Tactical with accurate and warp theorist traits.

Thoughts?