Ensign
# 1 Character graphics problem
09-12-2014, 01:23 AM
I just got a new computer, and installed STO. I've got all my drivers up and running, finished patching STO, and logged in. After adjusting the screen resolution and maxing out the settings, I went to play... And found that characters and ships are fuzzy as hell, and everything else is 'normal'. Basically, character models look as fuzzy as they did when I was running 1024x768 on my 1920x1080 monitor. I have set STO to run at 1920x1080. I've tried searching, looked in the forums, etc.

Specs:
Intel i5 Haswell 3.1 ghz
16 GB DDR3
Geforce TI550
Game's installed on an SSD

I ran STO before on my old system, which was:
Core2Quad 3.0 ghz
8 GB DDR2
Geforce TI550
Game ran on a 1 TB HDD

I've gone through and turned down/off settings one at a time, but nothing effected how my characters/other characters looked in any way, shape, or form. I am running the newest NVidia drivers, and the driver settings in the NVidia control panel are all default. I'm going to attempt to force verify, but...

I do have the ludicrous setting for the depth of field turned off (not that it matters at all).
Ensign
# 2
09-12-2014, 01:29 AM
I found the issue... The 'Resolution Scale' slider was at the minimum. I set this to the maximum and changed some of the filters options and have sharp, in focus characters now.