Ensign
General feedback:

The game severely lacks playable mission content in both, PvE and PvP. The latest updates, for the past several months, focus heavily on micro-transactions instead of the free playable content, considering that STO is being advertised as 'free-to-play'.

The existing featured episodes are bland and the competitive multiplayer modes are unrewarding. The character creation is uninspired, despite the advanced mode. One of the biggest flaws is that the character itself is positioned to the right side of the screen instead of the middle, while the menus take up most of the area, making it difficult to focus on details. By comparison, this is an example of what I consider to be a good character creation:

An MMORPG Character Creation (sped up by 800%)

The water effect is unrealistic, the weather system is almost non-existent, and there is no visible day/night cycle. The environments also suffer from heavy instancing, largely relying on computer controlled away team, instead of other players.

The viewable area is often filled with micro-transaction and gambling related spam by default.

There's a general presence of rudeness, dishonesty and double standards by the staff and some community members toward any kind of criticism of the game.

I've uninstalled STO and am going to close my PWE/Cryptic account after posting this thread.

Total game score: 1/10

Regards.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
It is all true!
Career Officer
# 3
09-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
It is all true!
Sadly

/10 characters
Career Officer
# 4
09-28-2012, 06:00 PM
ROFL

Goodbye

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 5
09-28-2012, 06:16 PM
sorry but this post won't last long as there is a no " I quit" posts allowed policy!
Career Officer
# 6
09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
sOOO In the words of the Typical forum posters..

Can I Haz Ur Stuffs I love my Micro transaction spam, It enables me to Support the Game for your Free Arse to play Free
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 7
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Total troll score: 1

It went up to 2 with the part where you expected weather and day/night cycles from a primarily space based game where you only spend small amounts of time planetside. I even contemplated a 3 where you complain about the Boff system as a whole which is a big part of what seperates STO single player from many other MMOG's single player.

But it went back down to 1 with the whole copout reference on rudeness to criticism just to cover your butt from any responses.

oh wells, bye!

EDIT FROM BRANFLAKES: Thanks for the feedback, tialfa. Now that the game if free to play, you can return at anytime you wish to do so, and we hope you do often. But, as we all know with "I Quit" threads, or even "leaving for now threads", they usually turn into a trolling ground, so I must close them.
Joined August 2008

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 09-28-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Closed Thread