Commander
# 1 Ship Weapons and Dilithium
02-16-2013, 11:55 AM
I've just gotten the Mobius Temporal Destroyer and I've discarded the common Mk X weapons it came with and I've been looking for a way to get Anti proton space weaponry but unfortunately with no Onega store at DS9 or the Reputation System I've been forced to outfit my Mobius with Phased Polaron cannons and it's driving my OCD crazy.

I need a way to get Anti proton weapons without dilithium because with a 8000 a day cap it would take me weeks to get a full anti proton set but if we still had the omega store I could get about 4 or 5 Mk XII weapons a day so the Fleet store or the Dilithium store are out of bounds and even with crafting I still need to get tons of Uncommon unreplicatable materials which "of course" costs dilithium and if I turn to the exchange (which is what I would normally do) it would cost me all of my energy credits just to get 1 or 2 Mk XI weapons

I don't think I need to write a 5 page essay for you to notice the "Flaws" in this system
Dilithium is a critical currency is this game, almost every Reputation, Fleet, Crafting assignment needs dilithium but thanks to the loss of the Omega store and an 8000 daily Dilithium capacity I've advanced at a snails pace.

Support the Federation Typhoon and Jupiter Class Starships.
Captain
# 2
02-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by induperator View Post
I've just gotten the Mobius Temporal Destroyer and I've discarded the common Mk X weapons it came with and I've been looking for a way to get Anti proton space weaponry but unfortunately with no Onega store at DS9 or the Reputation System I've been forced to outfit my Mobius with Phased Polaron cannons and it's driving my OCD crazy.

I need a way to get Anti proton weapons without dilithium because with a 8000 a day cap it would take me weeks to get a full anti proton set but if we still had the omega store I could get about 4 or 5 Mk XII weapons a day so the Fleet store or the Dilithium store are out of bounds and even with crafting I still need to get tons of Uncommon unreplicatable materials which "of course" costs dilithium and if I turn to the exchange (which is what I would normally do) it would cost me all of my energy credits just to get 1 or 2 Mk XI weapons

I don't think I need to write a 5 page essay for you to notice the "Flaws" in this system
Dilithium is a critical currency is this game, almost every Reputation, Fleet, Crafting assignment needs dilithium but thanks to the loss of the Omega store and an 8000 daily Dilithium capacity I've advanced at a snails pace.
Go for disruptor or not

Or use any weapon you want the system is here to stay no point in worrying too much
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Commander
# 3
02-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Considering the amount you need for hte rep stores takes the piss they need to increase the daily cap.
Commander
# 4
02-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Either that or remove it completely the Dilithium cap is just a way to keep players interested because it takes them longer to get the needed resources but instead of keeping me interested It just needlessly makes me wait days or weeks, the need for Dilithium is ridiculous especially when they introduced the Rep system.

Support the Federation Typhoon and Jupiter Class Starships.
Captain
# 5
02-16-2013, 06:13 PM
If you don't have multiple alts feeding a character, fully outfitting a fresh ship layout is quite an uphill battle. This of course can be gotten around if you pony up real money to buy Zen and exchange it for Dillithium bypassing the refine limit entirely, which I'm sure has nothing to do with the large Dil requirements.

Keep in mind that even F2P un-expanded players have a free KDF character slot. Level the KDF up a bit to get some DOff packs, and then park it in Beta Ursae outside DS9, run Maruading DOff missions, and then turn in the Contraband in stacks of 5 for 2K Dil every 5 hours. If you get more active Red side, there are patrol type missions (Empire Defense) that reward a fair bit of Dil for 'sploding a few ships. You can then transfer the Dil via Dil Exchange (set offer to 25, then cancel and withdraw on your Fed).