Rihannsu
# 21
09-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
*facepalm* Somebody hates the KDF
I was hoping someone brought up the fact B'Elanna Torres is half Klingon/half human.

Who said the stupid come from the Klingon side?
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswaggert View Post
Does anyone else find it hard to believe that the Klingons are smart enough to construct a time ship?

And if they didn't construct, Isn't it a bit of a stretch to think they are capable of maintaining one and operating it?
You do realise the first time ship in Star Trek history was a Klingon Bird of Prey?

Captained by Kirk to save some whales.....

It was Mighty Klingon Technology that saved the Earth so yes I do believe they are smart enough to construct a time ship.
Captain
# 23
10-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I was hoping someone brought up the fact B'Elanna Torres is half Klingon/half human.

Who said the stupid come from the Klingon side?

Meet me at the pub, I owe you a few hundred rounds of drinks.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 24
10-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
You do realise the first time ship in Star Trek history was a Klingon Bird of Prey?

Captained by Kirk to save some whales.....

It was Mighty Klingon Technology that saved the Earth so yes I do believe they are smart enough to construct a time ship.
Errmm - sorry to have to correct you, but so far as series history goes, the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) time-travelled on numerous occasions. The first time was 'The Naked Time' - they travelled back in time by three days. The second occasion was 'Tomorrow is yesterday' where the Enterprise used the Slingshot effect as a result of trying to escape a 'black star' - and this was pretty much where they discovered the slingshot effect.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Empire Veteran
# 25
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Errmm - sorry to have to correct you, but so far as series history goes, the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) time-travelled on numerous occasions. The first time was 'The Naked Time' - they travelled back in time by three days. The second occasion was 'Tomorrow is yesterday' where the Enterprise used the Slingshot effect as a result of trying to escape a 'black star' - and this was pretty much where they discovered the slingshot effect.
Very true, and all it took to make such travel simpler after those events of the past was for a Klingon scientist to build a device smaller than a endtable and without the need to fling oneself around a star.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 26
10-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Very true, and all it took to make such travel simpler after those events of the past was for a Klingon scientist to build a device smaller than a endtable and without the need to fling oneself around a star.
Actually, Starfleet would not let Janeway travel back in time so she sought-out Korath to get an illegal method. We have no way of knowing how prevalent or difficult time travel is by that point in time; and, of course, all of this is all 150 years after TOS - set in the same basic time period as STO.
Career Officer
# 27
10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Aye - and not arguing that point. All I'm saying is that the 'Bounty' BOP in STIV wasn't the first instance of time-travel in Trek.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 28
10-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Actually, Starfleet would not let Janeway travel back in time so she sought-out Korath to get an illegal method. We have no way of knowing how prevalent or difficult time travel is by that point in time; and, of course, all of this is all 150 years after TOS - set in the same basic time period as STO.
Considering Janeway had access to the batmobile armor, stealth tech and transphasic torps and was willing to go as far as use illegal methids I'm prety sure she would have stolen Starfleet timetravel tech...if Starfleet had been smart enough to actually build the stuff.
Captain
# 29
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Considering Janeway had access to the batmobile armor, stealth tech and transphasic torps and was willing to go as far as use illegal methids I'm prety sure she would have stolen Starfleet timetravel tech...if Starfleet had been smart enough to actually build the stuff.
I think being an Admiral gave her access to various toys - especially the transphasics which Captain Janeway brought with her from the future: time paradox.

I don't think Janeway had enough clearance to get into the time material, though. Either way it's all speculation. I'm just saying we can't really make an definitive statements about anything. Janeway needed illegal time travel and a Klingon had it. That's all we know.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 10-01-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 30
10-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I think being an Admiral gave her access to various toys - especially the transphasics which Captain Janeway brought with her from the future: time paradox.

I don't think Janeway had enough clearance to get into the time material, though. Either way it's all speculation. I'm just saying we can't really make an definitive statements about anything. Janeway needed illegal time travel and a Klingon had it. That's all we know.
You may be right.
You my be wrong.

We only know there are people who think Klingons aren't smart enough...just because they are Klingons and not for any particuler reason.