Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 31
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Aye - and not arguing that point. All I'm saying is that the 'Bounty' BOP in STIV wasn't the first instance of time-travel in Trek.
I never denied the truth of that. You where and are most correct.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 567
# 32
10-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Could just be easier to get your hands on a Klingon's.

That said, when she went back, didn't she create a splinter universe at that point? Wouldn't the "Prime" universe timeline be the one in which she did not arrive back in time to save the crew? I know it was stated that Admiral Janeway was from an "Alternate Timeline" but frankly it seems to me that "Alternate" was the unaltered time line. (Then again, this wasn't the first time a member of the Voyager crew went back in time to change the path of history... )

I mention this only because if STO occurs in a timeline in which Voyager arrives safely home thanks to the interloping Admiral Janeway and her magical Klingon Time Travel device, then we are technically in an Alternate timeline, and anything that Cryptic does here could be considered a touch more forgivable...
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 10-01-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 33
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Actually, Starfleet would not let Janeway travel back in time so she sought-out Korath to get an illegal method. We have no way of knowing how prevalent or difficult time travel is by that point in time; and, of course, all of this is all 150 years after TOS - set in the same basic time period as STO.
So until new evidence comes forward to show the opposite the prime time Klingons have the corner on easy time travel technologies as far as we know in the series pre-STO era.

My point being the Klingons designed easy technologies for time travel by themselves. they didn't steal it, conquer it or otherwise have it given them by happenstance thus killing the whole concept of the KDf is too low-brow to be scientists or even worthwile engineers.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,711
# 34
10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Very true, and all it took to make such travel simpler after those events of the past was for a Klingon scientist to build a device smaller than a endtable and without the need to fling oneself around a star.
Any Klingon that would avoid flinging themselves around a star is not a true warrior!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 35
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswaggert View Post
Does anyone else find it hard to believe that the Klingons are smart enough to construct a time ship?

And if they didn't construct, Isn't it a bit of a stretch to think they are capable of maintaining one and operating it?
Amazing the job the Mods are doing here. This is CLEARLY a troll post and should have been removed.

Maybe they have been on lunch for 3 days.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,711
# 36
10-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
My point being the Klingons designed easy technologies for time travel by themselves. they didn't steal it, conquer it or otherwise have it given them by happenstance thus killing the whole concept of the KDf is too low-brow to be scientists or even worthwile engineers.
I disagree with anything being definitive. If anything I would be inclined to think the Klingons stole the technology from elsewhere. Not because they'd be incapable of creating it, but rather that its more in keeping with the way they are portrayed.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,670
# 37
10-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I disagree with anything being definitive. If anything I would be inclined to think the Klingons stole the technology from elsewhere. Not because they'd be incapable of creating it, but rather that its more in keeping with the way they are portrayed.
...As opposed to the Feds stealing the cloaking device ? Klingons purchased theirs.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,948
# 38
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
i dont know if the Op was trying to troll or not, but klingons are not mindless animals. if they can build warp ships in the first place then they are smart enough to build almost anything in star trek.

you often in star trek see the angry warrior aspect of the klingons at the forfront, but on a few occasions you see that there are some very smart klingon scientists. they just dont get the glory and honour and tend to be in the background.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,711
# 39
10-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
...As opposed to the Feds stealing the cloaking device ? Klingons purchased theirs.

Does the Federation have a history of stealing technology or anything else for that matter?

Remind who is it that has a class of ship named "Raider"?

Klingons are opportunistic pragmatists, if they could steal it they wouldn't even think about it. Why is that a bad thing? That's how they're portrayed, this is especially true of the game itself.

Quit trying to apply your silly human sensibilities to them
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,670
# 40
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Does the Federation have a history of stealing technology or anything else for that matter?

Remind who is it that has a class of ship named "Raider"?

Klingons are opportunistic pragmatists, if they could steal it they wouldn't even think about it. Why is that a bad thing? That's how they're portrayed, this is especially true of the game itself.

Quit trying to apply your silly human sensibilities to them
Sure thing, if you stop using human created missions as your basis for judging Klingon character.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 PM.