Captain
# 1 Zen/Dilithium/Credits Exchange
09-29-2012, 02:05 PM
I have posted it in the Academy section, but maybe some more experienced players would agree to my wish.

I would love to have the option to change Zen or Dilithium into Credits for the Exchange.

How do other players feel about that?
Captain
# 2
09-29-2012, 02:28 PM
You can change Zen into ECs by simply buying something like Lockbox Keys and selling them on the Exchange. You buy the Key for 125 Zen and sell it for around 1.5 million ECs.

You can do the same with EV Suites, the special BOFFs, and many other C-Store items that can be sold on the Exchange.
Captain
# 3
09-29-2012, 02:29 PM
if i can do it the other way as well then yes please however it will never happen as cryptic can't make money out of it

the only reason the dil exchange exists is because us selling ZEN usually means we've bought it from them thus they make money out of it
Commander
# 4
09-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
if i can do it the other way as well then yes please however it will never happen as cryptic can't make money out of it

the only reason the dil exchange exists is because us selling ZEN usually means we've bought it from them thus they make money out of it
Buy contraband for ECs. Turn in contraband and obtain dilithium. Refine dilithium and exchange for Zen.

Cryptic makes money, you turn ECs into Zen.
Career Officer
# 5
10-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I'll echo everyone else: there's already ways to do it, any likely more for savvy players.

Find the items in the Z-Store that can be sold to other players. Lockboxes, Fleet Modules, etc. You can sell those for a nice amount on the Exchange. You can also earn or buy Dilithium (with Zen) to buy Common and Uncommon Unreplicatable Materials to sell on the Exchange. Duty Officers can be obtained for free from Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy, then sold on the Exchange.

Its actually a very nice system. Players with time can earn and buy things to sell to folks with money will want.

I will note, however, that Silver/Free players do have a 10 million Energy Credit cap on them. Earning 500 Zen will let you buy the EC Cap Increase from the store, letting you go from 10 million to 1 billion. So, if you're a free player? I'd make that a short-term goal.

The Dilithium Exchange is your friend, and will be a valuable asset no matter how you decide to go about things. Remember - there are things in-game that require Dilithium to purchase!
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Career Officer
# 6
10-03-2012, 11:31 PM
http://samonmaui.blogspot.com/2012/1...y-credits.html

If you've got a spreadsheet, you can make your own workbook to figure stuff out, but this is a rough idea.

edit: And updated due to being told about the exchange bug. But, hey, it makes things better!
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.

Last edited by chikahiro; 10-04-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
10-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
I have posted it in the Academy section, but maybe some more experienced players would agree to my wish.

I would love to have the option to change Zen or Dilithium into Credits for the Exchange.
That would certainly put another huge obstacle in the path of the gold sellers. I wonder what it would do to the layers of abstraction PWE needs to keep lockboxes from legally becoming gambling. If it worked in reverse, so you could convert EC into Zen, that would be very bad for them legally.
Career Officer
# 8
10-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
That would certainly put another huge obstacle in the path of the gold sellers. I wonder what it would do to the layers of abstraction PWE needs to keep lockboxes from legally becoming gambling. If it worked in reverse, so you could convert EC into Zen, that would be very bad for them legally.
Well, I think turning Zen into money would be the kicker. Once the money goes it, it doesn't come back out, and that's what would be needed for real scrutinization, no?

That said, I'm sure the laws are interesting, so no telling. One would assume, however, they've already had lawyers go over all this.
Ensign
# 9 EC --> Dilithium
11-27-2013, 10:01 AM
What i want is the option to change EC to dilithium, it could work, I hope someone agrees.
Captain
# 10
11-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joynesboyz View Post
What i want is the option to change EC to dilithium, it could work, I hope someone agrees.
Purchase Contraband with EC (can also get from a doff mission, but you specifically said EC)

Turn contraband into dilithium via Security Officer duty mission

Refine

Profit?

I am also 99 percent sure this is the exact reason (this chain of events) that the refine cap exists. Contraband is candy to the KDF. I literally can get over 50 a day if I half try. Thats 20,000 raw dilithium

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===