Survivor of Remus
# 1 Fleet ship module?
03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
What is it?
Captain
# 2
03-19-2013, 01:01 PM
It's a thing you buy from the c-store, or the exchange, that allows you to buy Fleet ships. You need 4, or 1 if you are buying the Fleet version of a c-store ship you already own.

Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read
Commander
# 3
03-19-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Ship_Module
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Captain
# 4
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Thats cryptics 'tax' on your fleetship purchase.

Fleetmembers contribute to fleet to build starbase
Fleetmembers contribute to fleet to build shipyard
Fleetmembers contribute to fleet to buy fleetship provisions
Fleet pays you for your contributions in fleetmarks

...You then buy 'permission canisters' (fleetship modules) from cryptic,
then
You buy fleetship with FM's fleet paid you AND modules purchased from cryptic.

And you start over again to buy fleet weapons for your new ship (minus the modules from cryptic, they already got 20 bucks in zen from you for the fleetship modules)
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Survivor of Remus
# 5
03-19-2013, 03:05 PM
So the only way to get it in in the c-store?
Career Officer
# 6
03-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Nope, you can also buy them on the exchange for energy credits (something around 3.5 to 4 million Energy Credits apiece)
Depending on your EC supply it's something worth considering IMHO.
I usually buy mine on the Exchange since I find it rather easy to get large amounts of ECs just by playing the game.
Survivor of Remus
# 7
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Nope, you can also buy them on the exchange for energy credits (something around 3.5 to 4 million Energy Credits apiece)
Depending on your EC supply it's something worth considering IMHO.
I usually buy mine on the Exchange since I find it rather easy to get large amounts of ECs just by playing the game.

OK good, I don't have to waste money by buying something at the c-store (no offence given to anyone who uses the c-store
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem613 View Post
OK good, I don't have to waste money by buying something at the c-store (no offence given to anyone who uses the c-store
none taken since you don't have to use real money to get zen to buy stuff off the c-store i.e. dilithium exchange
Career Officer
# 9
03-19-2013, 06:02 PM
i don't see paying money for a component of something you're going to use as a waste. unless you're going to mothball the ship without using it.

but yeah, beyond the collector's edition items and the steam exclusive ships, there's exactly one item in this game that you can get by paying and not by playing the game. it's the chimera. and it's not that great.

even lobi items you can get by purchasing lockbox keys off the exchange and opening boxes for lobi.

it's definitely faster to use money, but hey. there is no pay to win in sto. pay to not spend tons of time grinding and farming, sure. win? not so much.

how highly do you value your time?

Last edited by br3akingforce; 03-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 10
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
none taken since you don't have to use real money to get zen to buy stuff off the c-store i.e. dilithium exchange
I've never really understood how the exchange works... Can someone please explain how to use it?

Last edited by dem613; 03-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.