Community Moderator
# 11
09-30-2012, 11:11 AM
If memory serves I think in ESD the 'contacts' are tied to their normal place not the actors body. I may be wrong.

That said I want to be around when one of these happen one day

Separate note, let's make this a PVP thing, a scenario. Raid the first city/ESD as a Player vs Player scenario, instanced so it doesn't affect day to day players.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Rihannsu
# 12
09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
If memory serves I think in ESD the 'contacts' are tied to their normal place not the actors body. I may be wrong.

That said I want to be around when one of these happen one day

Separate note, let's make this a PVP thing, a scenario. Raid the first city/ESD as a Player vs Player scenario, instanced so it doesn't affect day to day players.
LOVE IT!

I checked Quinn and you do need to find Quinn in order to talk to him. I noted the same thing with one of the equipment vendors(who had been relocated to the exchange)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Community Moderator
# 13
09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
LOVE IT!

I checked Quinn and you do need to find Quinn in order to talk to him. I noted the same thing with one of the equipment vendors(who had been relocated to the exchange)
Ah do you? It might be the old ESD that it was the case, or I might be completely wrong. Who knows eh?

I'd propose something like a lot of FPS games that I can't actually name used to do.

Team A = Attacking Klingons
Team B = Defending Feds with a number of 'Operational Assets' type items (security squads, phaser turrets, emergency force fields etc)

Team A beam in at a set point, the transporter room makes sense, just because.

Objective A: Liberate enemy weaponry - fight through to requisitions, eliminate the guards protecting the area.

Objective B: Sabotage enemy shipyard, fight through to the shipyard, transmit codes to docked ships causing massive internal damage.

Objective C: Eliminate high ranking enemy commander - hunt down and kill Admiral Anonymous in the stateroom.

Of course this could be flipped around for the other way at the first city. Objectives could be completed out of order so as to give strategic decisions - do we protect A or B, where will the enemy attack?

Thoughts?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
09-30-2012, 12:14 PM
There is a way to get KDF to ESD with a 100% success rate. Most people cannot do it and cryptic has been told before how to do it and it has not been fixed yet.
Career Officer
# 15
09-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Ah do you? It might be the old ESD that it was the case, or I might be completely wrong. Who knows eh?

I'd propose something like a lot of FPS games that I can't actually name used to do.

Team A = Attacking Klingons
Team B = Defending Feds with a number of 'Operational Assets' type items (security squads, phaser turrets, emergency force fields etc)

Team A beam in at a set point, the transporter room makes sense, just because.

Objective A: Liberate enemy weaponry - fight through to requisitions, eliminate the guards protecting the area.

Objective B: Sabotage enemy shipyard, fight through to the shipyard, transmit codes to docked ships causing massive internal damage.

Objective C: Eliminate high ranking enemy commander - hunt down and kill Admiral Anonymous in the stateroom.

Of course this could be flipped around for the other way at the first city. Objectives could be completed out of order so as to give strategic decisions - do we protect A or B, where will the enemy attack?

Thoughts?
Now that is a ground mission I would play regularly!

I played the nameless FPS you are talking about and loved that game. It would be fun to have something like that in STO
Real Join Date: Feb 2010
Co-founder: TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
tosfleet.com

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
Rihannsu
# 16
09-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Love it!

IIRC the reason they changed whether you could kill the NPCs was to avoid the issue of KDf dudes messing up ESD.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 17
09-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Truthfully.... people who are THAT new don't even know how to find Quinn's office.
I see you haven't started a new character in a loooong time.

When you 1st get to ESD you get a cinematic clip that shows you where his office is and you also get a blue line to follow to his office.

If they can't find him in his office then they must be 100% blind or playing without a screen.
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Rihannsu
# 18
09-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim View Post
I see you haven't started a new character in a loooong time.

When you 1st get to ESD you get a cinematic clip that shows you where his office is and you also get a blue line to follow to his office.

If they can't find him in his office then they must be 100% blind or playing without a screen.
Or went "ooh shiny!" while the cut scene was playing...

I have seen the blue line, but I still hear Noobs asking.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...wThisatESD.jpg

I thought it was extremely unusual...lol Anybody else notice this? Did Cryptic give a reason for why this happened?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Rihannsu
# 20
09-30-2012, 01:52 PM
That's the result of a KDF raid.

KDF player scan shoot at NPCs when on ESD, but not kill them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!