Captain
# 21
09-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elric071 View Post
Now that is a ground mission I would play regularly!

I played the nameless FPS you are talking about and loved that game. It would be fun to have something like that in STO
Oh for the love of...what game am I thinking of? I genuinely can't recall...
Empire Veteran
# 22
09-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
That's the result of a KDF raid.

KDF player scan shoot at NPCs when on ESD, but not kill them.
Well if they could kill them the npc could respawn where they are supposed to be. Bad design gives stupid results.
Rihannsu
# 23
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Well if they could kill them the npc could respawn where they are supposed to be. Bad design gives stupid results.
Enh, they could add a wander behaviour similar to the way space mobs will return to their spawn locations.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 24
10-01-2012, 08:18 AM
This is happening more and more, and while I think it is hilarious, this is stopping a lot of new players from being promoted, which makes new players quit.

The KDF responsible need to be banned, they are exploiting bugs and griefing players. People that exploit rarely pay out, they'll use anything they can to generate free zen, the new players are being driven off at level 10 or 20 and quitting before spending a dime.
Captain
# 25
10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
There is a way to get KDF to ESD with a 100% success rate. Most people cannot do it and cryptic has been told before how to do it and it has not been fixed yet.
Borticuscryptic has requested that anyone who knows how to exploit this should send him a PM.

He sounds serious about wanting to fix it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 26
10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Separate note, let's make this a PVP thing, a scenario. Raid the first city/ESD as a Player vs Player scenario, instanced so it doesn't affect day to day players.
No thanks. Besides, we already have Otha War Zone and nobody is ever there so I don't see them spending resources on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
This is happening more and more, and while I think it is hilarious, this is stopping a lot of new players from being promoted, which makes new players quit.
I agree. I might have smiled when then this was happening back at release but it isn't hilarious or even funny at all. Now it is a few years later and this bug is still cropping up. Pretty lame.
REDALERT chat channel co-founder and operator
Lifetime Subscriber
True Veteran of Star Trek: Online
Career Officer
# 27
10-01-2012, 09:13 AM
This is a feature and not an exploit, we should be able to defend esd from such an attack
Captain
# 28
10-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Borticuscryptic has requested that anyone who knows how to exploit this should send him a PM.

He sounds serious about wanting to fix it.
Perhaps someone who knows will tell him AFTER he fixes the KDF transporter bug.

Maybe it's the same bug.

Till then, I say GO KDF raiders, kill everyone, burn ESD down to the ground !!!
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-01-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Rihannsu
# 29
10-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Ah do you? It might be the old ESD that it was the case, or I might be completely wrong. Who knows eh?

I'd propose something like a lot of FPS games that I can't actually name used to do.

Team A = Attacking Klingons
Team B = Defending Feds with a number of 'Operational Assets' type items (security squads, phaser turrets, emergency force fields etc)

Team A beam in at a set point, the transporter room makes sense, just because.

Objective A: Liberate enemy weaponry - fight through to requisitions, eliminate the guards protecting the area.

Objective B: Sabotage enemy shipyard, fight through to the shipyard, transmit codes to docked ships causing massive internal damage.

Objective C: Eliminate high ranking enemy commander - hunt down and kill Admiral Anonymous in the stateroom.

Of course this could be flipped around for the other way at the first city. Objectives could be completed out of order so as to give strategic decisions - do we protect A or B, where will the enemy attack?

Thoughts?
I love this idea.
---------------------------------
Formerly Christopher_Chase
I've been here since Open Beta
Empire Veteran
# 30
10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Perhaps someone who knows will tell him AFTER he fixes the KDF transporter bug.

Maybe it's the same bug.

Till then, I say GO KDF raiders, kill everyone, burn ESD down to the ground !!!
You mean some kdf fixes to give the trick? Sounds like a fair trade.