Career Officer
I acquired a Ferengi D'Kora Marauder a while back for one of my characters. I sold a bunch of master keys purchased using my stipend to raise the 80 million EC to buy it. But then once I purchased it, I was struck by the fact I don't actually play the game. When I do play STO I spend all my time in the Foundry, so really how much use would I get out of the D'Kora? Not to mention my Galaxy-X is probably just as good for the most part.

So, I never managed to "pull the trigger" and just left the box sitting there in my inventory. Long story short, I was thinking maybe the D'Kora would be put to better use as a prize for a Foundry contest, since I really don't think I'll get much use out of it.

But maybe the D'Kora is too old news at this point and no one really cares about it anymore? (Granted you can still sell it for 100 million energy credits and pretty much buy any other lockbox ship you want, but I don't know if people think things through that clearly when considering a prize.)

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Honestly? I opened 40 boxes this weekend, a mix of Ferengi and Temporal, in hopes of either getting A: A D'Kora, or B: A Wells ship to trade FOR a D'Kora and more money or a Recluse, as I saw one person in ESD offering both ships for a Wells. So, I can honestly say, if there's a shot in HELL of you willing to be generous, just wanting to give it away, etc, I'll be frigging BLISSFUL, no joke. Is my luck horrible? Yes, but I might as well ask. I'll be using that sucker within a day once it's outfitted.
Captain
# 4
09-30-2012, 05:32 AM
the ship is definately better for dmg dealing than the galaxy x...maybe not as durable though. if i had the option between the 2...i would go for the d'kora in a heartbeat.
but to each his own.

anyway...the prize of the d'kora will only go up from this point. since ferengi lock boxes are not coming back (wouldn't say forever)
put it on the exchange for 150 millions (or even more), there may come the day, yours is the only one left on the exchange and somebody actually buys it for that much EC.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 5
09-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
the ship is definately better for dmg dealing than the galaxy x...maybe not as durable though. if i had the option between the 2...i would go for the d'kora in a heartbeat.
but to each his own.
The lockbox ships are probably better than the Galaxy-X, it's just not enough for it to really make a practical difference to me. Since I only play PvE and only rarely play the actual game instead of the Foundry, it just seems like there isn't much point in me using a super exclusive ship. If I used my D'kora the only time I'd really see it is when I logged in briefly to check my mail or play the exchange. I'm sure other people will put it to better use than me.

I guess to me the lock box ships are kind of like a super expensive car that you buy and then you're so worried about it getting damaged that you just leave it in the garage all the time.

Anyway, I'm not so much interested in discussing how good the ships are or whether they're worth it, but more interested in whether people would be interested in a Foundry contest with a D'Kora as the prize.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 09-30-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Commander
# 6
09-30-2012, 08:50 AM
I think it would make a great prize and it would be extremely generous of you to offer it as such.
Captain
# 7
09-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
The lockbox ships are probably better than the Galaxy-X, it's just not enough for it to really make a practical difference to me. Since I only play PvE and only rarely play the actual game instead of the Foundry, it just seems like there isn't much point in me using a super exclusive ship. If I used my D'kora the only time I'd really see it is when I logged in briefly to check my mail or play the exchange. I'm sure other people will put it to better use than me.

I guess to me the lock box ships are kind of like a super expensive car that you buy and then you're so worried about it getting damaged that you just leave it in the garage all the time.

Anyway, I'm not so much interested in discussing how good the ships are or whether they're worth it, but more interested in whether people would be interested in a Foundry contest with a D'Kora as the prize.
Meh, if it were a Wells, Orb Weaver, or Mobius, I'd go for it. But lacking an EC cap extension, the D'kora is a bit worthless to me.

Recluse or Galor don't sound TOO bad though either.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 8
09-30-2012, 12:07 PM
My main flies one, you won't find a Cruiser that can tank and DPS like it can. Not to mention Battlemode giving it a damage and turnrate bonus. It's also the only Cruiser that can be used Fed side that can actually make good use of DHC.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post

You set up a contest, I'll sign right the hell up. You decide to just be generous, and I'll put you on my Christmas card list.
Community Moderator
# 10
09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
I would absolutely participate in this. It's still a unique ship. You don't see just everybody flying one. That's extremely cool.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google