Lt. Commander
# 31
10-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
150? 200?.... I opened 240 boxes, and got nothing but crap :p

(then i bought it off the exchange...)
If everyone did this, and no one opened boxes, the prices would go up on the ships beause the demand would go up on them because no one would be selling, because no one would be pulling from boxes.....

see how this works....
Career Officer
# 32
10-02-2012, 09:41 AM
It's ironic really - I never thought anything would get me out of my Fleet Rhode Island class ship. My primary reason for opening boxes was the hope of collecting some polarized disruptor sets, and perhaps the mirror Luna class. I never thought for a second that I'd be lucky enough to actually win a Wells class.

Double ironic really - I doubt that even the upcoming Vesta class will tempt me out of my Wells class now. Though was, admittely, initially quite adverse toward it (for which I can only apologise) it is, quite simply, the perfect ship for my sci character and the best sci-ship I've ever flown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 10-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Rihannsu
# 33
10-02-2012, 12:01 PM
That is what I did, never had good luck opening the lock boxes, I bought enough keys to buy the Wells Class, Mobius Class, and Aeon Shuttle, set for a little while. Just wondering how they will sell the 29th century uniforms.
@EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
[
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I got a Wells on key #34.

I don't like science ships so I will just sit on it for a few months and let the exchange prices go up.
Commander
# 35
10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm kinda up in the air. I have 75mil, do I save up some more to buy a Wells, or do a buy the keys and take a chance? There is stuff on the Lobi store I want....
Career Officer
# 36
10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
The wells class would make a nice single cannon/turret build with Tac boffs in the uni stations
Career Officer
# 37
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
The wells class would make a nice single cannon/turret build with Tac boffs in the uni stations
Agreed, though the trade-off would be that you'd lose the sub-system targeting ability inherent to Sci ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 38
10-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfyndael View Post
From the WiKi:

Auxiliary

The Auxiliary subsystem affects Science Space bridge officer abilities as well as your starships cloak detection (also known as Perception) and if applicable, the potency of your cloaking system.
Every point of power above 50 into the Auxiliary systems will increase your Perception stat by 2% and increase the potency of Science abilities by 2%. Every point of power under 50 in the Auxiliary subsystem will do the reverse and drop the modifier of abilities, perception and cloak effectiveness by 0.6% and 2% respectively.
[edit] Abilities affected

This list is incomplete, lacking Tractor Beam, Sensor Scan, Scattering Field, Energy Siphon, Charged Particle Burst, Scramble Sensor, and possibly more. (This taken just off the top of my head)

Also, Evasive Maneuvers? Really? Or is this old information left over from waaaay back, when maneuvrability was determined by aux?
Republic Veteran
# 39
10-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin1500 View Post
you need to buy enough keys for at least 100 lock boxes. Simply doing 40 gives you too small a chance.
I got my Wells from my 14th of 15 boxes.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Ensign
# 40
12-09-2012, 12:16 AM
got my wells after about the fifth box just by buying a key every time i had enough dilithium to cash in for 125 zen, never had to spend a dime. anyone know what a great build is for this ship with a tac captian?