Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 683
# 1 Solo fleet
09-30-2012, 03:58 AM
Or a one-man/one player fleet. I have one and I love it. One of my characters was in a small fleet and at first it was rather disorganised. This guy was leader, left, that guy became leader, promoted somebody else to leader etc. Everybody seems to have lost interest and at the end nobody was active anymore.

Then I hyjacked the fleet, kicked the rest of the members and put my alts in it. Since I am a hardcore soloplayer, I keep the fleet for myself. The good things are the the fleetbank, a tremendous capacity for inventory space. That alone gives anybody with a lot of alts a good reason to have his own fleet.

Next, you can handle everything on your own terms at your own pace. I can distribute my characters resources to the fleet as I like.

The downside is that it takes forever to get upgrades for your fleet since you have to do everything on your own. However this is not as bad as it seems. Fleets are in the end group projects and are not designed for soloplay. As a soloplayer I do not experience this as an obstruction. And, this game is very solo friendly, very grind friendly, I started with a death fleet with no finished projects. I have finished about 4 projects in each tier. I am about 60% in the first level and expect to have a level 1 starbase within two or three weeks. All my alts will have lots of fleetmarks.

It would be great if we could create fleets as a single player. What about you? Solo play, solo fleet, do you like it or do you think it has no purpose in an MMO?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 110
# 2
09-30-2012, 06:02 AM
one man is not a fleet and i think that once the min amount of people are in a fleet it should auto disband.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
# 3
09-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
What about you? Solo play, solo fleet, do you like it or do you think it has no purpose in an MMO?
Normally i solo play, but unusually I joined a fleet.*

As for your 1 man fleet idea, i dont really support it, while for some people its a challenge for others its just an exploit for x amount of bank spaces.

Also what worries me a little is that you say you hijacked the fleet you are in, while it was in a shambles/disarray according to you, its still a no-no in my books.

*
My normal reasons for not joining clans/fleets/guilds is that in the past I've found people suck. They dont pull their weight but want the rewards, and steal, so i dont normally bother. However the fleet that invited me to join their ranks is very kind, so fleets are good and bad in their own ways. Its just down to the people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 116
# 4
09-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
Then I hyjacked the fleet, kicked the rest of the members and put my alts in it.
It is not usually my style to criticise others, but I find this quote strange ... at least.
Being here since 2011 Spring
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
# 5
09-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons8 View Post
one man is not a fleet and i think that once the min amount of people are in a fleet it should auto disband.
i disagree, while a fleet of one is pritty bad i have a fleet of 3 with each having a couple of alts as well. its basically a family fleet and whats wrong with that. at least we're active. theres fleet filled with inactive characters
Long Live The Empire!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 189
# 6
09-30-2012, 06:52 AM
In my solo fleet, created originally for the bank space, I have 3 fed side alts. We have a tier 1 starbase, nothing provisioned. I spend my fleet credits on DOFFs because I don't care for any of the super uber fleet ships, or the other offerings from starbases, being strictly solo what use would i have for any of that junk?

I find people's objections to solo fleets ridiculous, the alternative would be a whole bunch of solo players who still wouldn't have anything to do with you or your fleet.

p.s. I agree with other posters, that's its not the best way to obtain a fleet. There are people out there (including me) who would help you start a solo fleet with the intention of leaving it to you afterwards.

Last edited by claransa; 09-30-2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: post script
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
# 7
09-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
Then I hyjacked the fleet, kicked the rest of the members and put my alts in it. Since I am a hardcore soloplayer, I keep the fleet for myself. The good things are the the fleetbank, a tremendous capacity for inventory space. That alone gives anybody with a lot of alts a good reason to have his own fleet.
Have you ever considert that maybe that person started the fleet, that he puts lots of money in it, and you ripping them off ?

Sorry but i think you should be banned ( For Ever )
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 683
# 8
09-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Correct I hyjacked it. I myself have also second thoughts about this. So let me explain some things.

The other members hadn't been active for more than a month. It was a death fleet. When I took over leadership, I sent a message to the other members that they would be kicked if they didn't show up within a weak. I also made it so that they could take from the fleetbank what they want. However none did show up.

It was a roleplaying fleet and the concept was a bunch of marauders that scavenged the universe. For the character that I play, it was a business opportunity.

Last edited by fovrel; 09-30-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,365
# 9
09-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Change the word 'hijacked' to 'salvaged' and don't worry about it I say
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 683
# 10
09-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Change the word 'hijacked' to 'salvaged' and don't worry about it I say
Salvaged is more in line what actually is the case. The word hyjacked is more in line with the (roleplaying) concept of the fleet and its members. But again, it is not something I am proud of. It was leaving and creating a fleet of my own, for wich I need 4 team members or take control and do things my way.

Anyway, this is not about how to get a single-player fleet, but what you can do with it as a solo player, which, I think, is not bad at all.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:05 PM.