Captain
# 1 Weapon Specialization
09-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Borticus perhaps you could look into a minor glitch for us...

A friend and I where doing some build tweeking and where looking over the new Tachyokinetic Flux Capacitor thing. It is working fine.

Put it on the ship... 4.2 and 66.8 nice... with out it 3.4 and 59.1... nice bump right...

However we started talking about our Weapon specialization point spend... I have 6 he has 9... thing is our numbers with and with out the unit are identical.

So I guess my question is... this.

Is Weapon specialization not properly showing in the ship tab? If that is the case would it perhaps be a quick fix to enable that ?

OR

Is it possible that weapon specialization doesn't work at all? If that is the case it would be nice if it where either fixed or greyed out and have everyone with points in it get a respec token.

Thanks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post

Is Weapon specialization not properly showing in the ship tab? If that is the case would it perhaps be a quick fix to enable that ?
Weapons specializatiion has never shown up in the ship tab beginning with S5. That's why so many people were actually wondering if it worked or not for the longest time.
Career Officer
# 3
09-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Borticus perhaps you could look into a minor glitch for us...

A friend and I where doing some build tweeking and where looking over the new Tachyokinetic Flux Capacitor thing. It is working fine.

Put it on the ship... 4.2 and 66.8 nice... with out it 3.4 and 59.1... nice bump right...

However we started talking about our Weapon specialization point spend... I have 6 he has 9... thing is our numbers with and with out the unit are identical.

So I guess my question is... this.

OR

Is it possible that weapon specialization doesn't work at all? If that is the case it would be nice if it where either fixed or greyed out and have everyone with points in it get a respec token.

Thanks.
If I remember correctly, the reason it doesn't show up is because the UI doesn't have a way to spit out the Crit chance for a specific weapon, just the base crit chance the ship has. Since the specializations effect only energy or only torps, it would never show up under that base crit chance score (in sort of the same way that the additional crit chance from a weapon mod doesn't show up there).

I agree though, that it does make numerical analysis a bit trickier. If possible, I'd like to see the to-hit and crit chance of a weapon displayed on the tooltip for the weapon, in the same way dmg and proc effects are. So, for example, a weapon might look like:

2300 dmg (1700 dps)
5% chance (whatever the proc is)
25% chance (doff proc)
120% accuracy
6.7% critical chance
Captain
# 4
09-30-2012, 04:24 PM
mrtshead good point.

Even if it was just a simple... Kinetic / Energy info split on the screen... like it is done for resists it would be a massive + I think. I mean from there you would think it would be easy to code a tool tip add like you suggest that would take the main number and add the Mods off the weapon.