Captain
# 1 Uniforms and Console Surfaces.
11-17-2012, 06:19 AM
What the hell, happened to the graghics when Season 7 was released? Is the game degenerating to a 64-bit server? The background graghics got more blurry to where you have to turn up you graphics setting to see a little clearer. Worst of all, the uniform and console surface graphics is no longer crisp and well defind. It looks like uniform painted on your body. The consoles look like blurry pedestals with flickering paint. If you go on your ship bridge, you will see your bulkhead wall will not have beautifull clear read-out screens with schematics and information on them. Instead you will see blurry wall paper that looks like Picasso was in charge of interior designing and making consoles.

I don't understand how a DEV can be proud of releasing something thats messed up? You would think they would check there work before they release stuff. My ship schematic window for the Dreadnought has been bugged for a year and a half, despite the fact I have been complaining about it.
Captain
# 2
11-17-2012, 09:46 AM
I noticed this too especially in the tailor/ character creator. The games graphics have been degraded, was this to make it run smoother???
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 3
11-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Sometimes the game will auto-degrade textures and models in case it feels the computer is running too slow. This can cause some hilariously (angering) instances where slight lag can cause the game to auto-degrade...

....and cause the entire game to crash in the process.

The graphics have not changed, and it's "Working as intended" but it's intentions are rather silly, as it should be the players that take care of this. Not all of us are idiots.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 4
11-19-2012, 10:04 PM
set vram memory to 1024+ in your video options menu and wait till devs find a good way for memory management .At the moment they probably dont know that vram and ram is shared so when you dont have enough vram for all textures some of the ram will be used for the same thing.The game in s7 blocks the process somehow and when your vram is not enough for what you see it will start turning the game into a blurry thing.

I had the same problem even though my card has over 1024mb vram and I found this solution a day ago and it worked