Career Officer
# 1 captain quack
09-23-2012, 10:43 PM
i have made a return to star trek online. i was very disapointed with game in august of 2011 with the lack of updates and change over from atari to perfect world that the updates were affected badly. at that time dan stahl had left the game to seek new opputtunity and game suffered greatly. now that the game has gone to free to play, seems alot of updates has occured and basically a whole new game with the changes. i see i have alot to learn about the new skills in space and ground. i have found a couple of sites to help me. i had belonged to a fleet but that fleet had disapeared. so i will try to find the learder and see what had happened. as with any mmorpg i have made friends. problem is they seem to be off line all time. dont know if they still play or not. in the mean time, if i can not find my friends with fleet, i may be looking for a fleet to join as i have no interest in starting one myself.

on the 2nd year ann. did i miss anything good? up until 8/2011 i had every tribble game had to offer. has any come out since?

i have not mentioned, but welcome back dan stahl to sto. your presence in game is felt and known. noone understands the communication with the players as you do. i have read september ask cryptic and was amazed.

anyone wanting to be friends send me an invite. after i learn the game again i will be glad to pvp with you. i am a federation captain, i do have a very low level klingon toon.

thanks for reading and have fun everyone in game.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, welcome back. If you need a fleet, you can join the one I am in if you like. We're not a PvPing fleet, just so you know (though there are a couple who do so).

Anyways, there is a LOT of new stuff, really, best way to find out is just ask honestly. The 2nd anniversary was fun, but in the long run, not a lot there. Over the course of the year, we've had lockboxes, a new FE, Starbases, and so on.

Lt. Commander
# 3
09-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Welcome back!

Why don't you mention the friends you are looking for here? Maybe some of us know what happened to them?

I think you will find some new tribbles, but the are not free.
Career Officer
# 4
09-24-2012, 06:22 AM
thank you for the invite, but my dream when star trek online first came out almost 3 years ago is to have defendable star bases, in combat against the klingons, romulans, and borg. dont forget the federation is at war with the klingons, romulans blame the federation for there planets being distroyed. and the borg just want to invade your body, i forget what its called. but resistance is futile. lol
so i NEED pvp

thank you for heads up on the tribbles i will be searching, there is an overwhelming amount of knowledge to learn about game.
does anyone know if it is possible to advance a bridge officier in rank? like make a bridge officier captain yet? this was talked about by dan stahl before he left and before the doff system came out.

i dont want to name freinds names as they might not like the idea of being spoken about. thank you for the offer. i have sent them a in game private message hoping that when they play they will respond, so far it is not happening.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
1 so i NEED pvp
2 does anyone know if it is possible to advance a bridge officier in rank?
3 like make a bridge officier captain yet? this was talked about by dan stahl before he left and before the doff system came out.
1 not much has improved there

2 yes, all the way up to Commander

3 Nope, I wonder of that is ever going to be activated. You can see the option, but it does not work.
Career Officer
# 6
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
lovely, i see they still have not fixed the cristal entity. this is almost impossible to complete.

the ground combat is giving me problems at the moment. i do have alot to learn about game now. i got my toon skilled. i have not attempted the doff system as i am trying to catch up.
Captain
# 7
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
lovely, i see they still have not fixed the cristal entity. this is almost impossible to complete.

the ground combat is giving me problems at the moment. i do have alot to learn about game now. i got my toon skilled. i have not attempted the doff system as i am trying to catch up.
I believe they removed the Entity.

But if you have questions, feel free to ask away.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
09-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Welcome back, but don't get too excited about the new content.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
l
Well, a lot of the missions, include Khitomer Accord ground are bugged atm. So it may not be you in that case, depending on what it is you are trying to do of course.

Career Officer
# 10
09-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Nova Core <- pvp fleet. obviously now we need a pve playerbase tho to maintain the starbase. hit up my inbox if you want to and ill toss you my ingame handle and we can meet up for some pvpness ^_^
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE