Starfleet Veteran
My fleet is still working towards getting T3 engineering done. Had some questions as to how the Elite ground armor looks:

1) How does it look? Is it the same armor we see in the wallpaper gallery, featuring the various areas (Sci, Tact, Eng)? Can someone post/link a screenshot?

2) Is the look customizable? Can I change the armor colors in the tailor?

3) If it does have a unique look, and I equip the armor on one of my Boffs and enable visual, does the look show up on the Boff? Is the look customizable on the Boff?

Thanks.
Captain
# 2
10-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgarde01 View Post
My fleet is still working towards getting T3 engineering done. Had some questions as to how the Elite ground armor looks:

1) How does it look? Is it the same armor we see in the wallpaper gallery, featuring the various areas (Sci, Tact, Eng)? Can someone post/link a screenshot?

2) Is the look customizable? Can I change the armor colors in the tailor?

3) If it does have a unique look, and I equip the armor on one of my Boffs and enable visual, does the look show up on the Boff? Is the look customizable on the Boff?

Thanks.

The Armor on the various profession themed wallpapers are the Mk XII costumes for both M.A.C.O and Klingon Honor Guard gotten though Elite STFs. They have limited colour customization (a few of the choices are limited to just 4 colours and some have the full pallette) and BOffs can not use them.
Career Officer
# 3
10-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Elite Fleet Ground Armor, with visuals enabled (which I never do), just looks like normal armor used throughout the game. There's no costume option to unlock and edit. There's nothing special about its appearance.

Sorry. It's good armor, though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the answers. I'm starting to get an understanding as to why some fleets who have the T3 fabricator have expressed disappointment with the elite ground equipment. That's for another forum and thread though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Elite Fleet Ground Armor, with visuals enabled (which I never do), just looks like normal armor used throughout the game. There's no costume option to unlock and edit. There's nothing special about its appearance.

Sorry. It's good armor, though.
I just unlocked Elite armour and I have never seen normal armour that looks like it. So unless I am mistaken it does have a special appearance.
Career Officer
# 6
10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
I just unlocked Elite armour and I have never seen normal armour that looks like it. So unless I am mistaken it does have a special appearance.
You are mistaken. The Elite Fleet armors are visually identical to regular Mk XII armor.

Elite

Standard
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
You are mistaken. The Elite Fleet armors are visually identical to regular Mk XII armor.

Elite

Standard
Definitely twins, but the elite bonus is nice at least.
Captain
# 8
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgarde01 View Post
Definitely twins, but the elite bonus is nice at least.
still prefer the 80% crit severity or 10% crit rating on some of the advanced fleet armor. heals are nice, but every 3 minutes...lol
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 9
10-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
still prefer the 80% crit severity or 10% crit rating on some of the advanced fleet armor. heals are nice, but every 3 minutes...lol
I think I prefer the [CritH] advanced armor, too. Shame there's no Elite Integrated Targeting Armor.