Lt. Commander
# 1 Thursday's Interview Round Up
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Another day, another batch o' Star Trek Online info. Read on for your densely daily dosage.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
first!
I've never done that before.
On the subject of the info, it was nice to get some more info on ground combat now that we've exhausted all the stuff on space combat. I was really impressed by some clips from ground battles before, and this gives me a better idea of what it'll be like.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the links, Rekhan! I needed to take a break from playing D&D Online anyhow; here's to hoping there's some good info int them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks Rekhan.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2009, 03:48 PM
oooh a tiny bit of pvp info on there. You tease!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I like how that going to planets and other places won't be massively restricted IE: only can beam down to planets in episodes. I can also understand the reasoning for it only being at points of interest because from it sounds like if the game programming is generating space content on its own in a way. That having every single planet be able to beamed onto could lead to repetition or cause other issues.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Ok, i have a question about ground based gameplay that is VERY important to me....

The Massively Interview says:

Quote:
Beaming down to planets will be restricted to places that have points of interest on them. However, this does not mean that it will only be available for quest lines and episodes. There will be plenty of systems that can be beamed to that are just for social and other reasons. You can imagine meeting up at the Pon Farr pits on Vulcan with your friends or just checking out the beaches of Risa if you are in the mood to just chill.
So, my question now is: Whats about exploration? Is this just based in space or can i expect to see ground based action at a system I explore? (like a strange distress call from the surface or something like this, that would give me a reason to go down there?)
Or is it like: You completed each mission/episode, now you are stuck on your ship...

And whats about PvP? Is it just spaced based?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh yah!!! I got my question answered that I submitted! My question was: David Skillin: Just how big are these ground maps?
Lt. Commander
# 9 f'en joke
12-11-2009, 03:06 AM
what the hell again anothet post and nothen about Klingons, gee is it that interviewwers are not allowed to ask, lets see a simple ground combat mission, that does not start how does fed combat mission work. This is a god damn joke cryptic said this would start as two factions klingon and fed but its just all fed. If my son had not"wait he did pay already $80 bucks for this game why should I invest a GD cent. Cryptic release some if any klingon **** or go to the 9th lvl of hadies where I can eat ur soules..................
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Ooh 'Vaporize'