Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
report them they get so many strikes the get banned
that room is not for a safe haven to reset timer every time I see you doing it I will report you I getting tired of this
it is not just me getting frustrated with this res of team was as well
these people ignore you when they are doing this that room needs to be made tougher
Career Officer
# 2
10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
this causes you to fail option because loss of team member
Career Officer
# 3
10-08-2012, 01:11 PM
another solution is add newer tactical drones and heavy this should make it a bit tougher
Captain
# 4
10-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I still have no clue wtf you're talking about....
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-08-2012, 03:01 PM
I understand your frustration. I have seen this before, even having some rocket scientists start dropping the shields on the generators while we were still clearing the borg...right on top of us no less. This always causes a failed optional, and more often than not, people getting killed thanks to the spawn ins.

There really doesn't need to be any new drastic mechanic added. Although maybe having the control room be inaccessible while there are any drones alive in the generator room, would be a possible solution.

Reporting people for a properly functioning game mechanic is futile and silly. Although, in my experience, trying to explain to people, or get them out of the control room, can be frustrating.

If you can get the others on your team to cooperate, you can always either join the offender in the control room and have a dance party until they leave....or just back out into the entryway and wait.

For people that run into the control room immediately, you are not being helpful, nor useful. Clear the room with the generators of all borg first, then you can press buttons...and use the extend shields function of the shield control. If you do not know how to extend the shield shutoff, don't go into the control room.

Forgot to mention: this is in regards to the STF Khitomer Accord Ground (Elite)

___

Last edited by abystander0; 10-08-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention this was regarding Khitomer Accord Ground (elite?) Stf
Captain
# 6
10-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I didn't know what OP meant until the last line you typed. I didn't really think of that as "the control room" lol

Can somebody explain how to extend the shields? I've only done control room once, but nobody else has ever extended shields that I can see. It's almost always a mad rush to kill it before shields rebuild.

Last edited by rodentmaster; 10-08-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: general coherence update
Career Officer
# 7
10-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
I didn't know what OP meant until the last line you typed. I didn't really think of that as "the control room" lol

Can somebody explain how to extend the shields? I've only done control room once, but nobody else has ever extended shields that I can see. It's almost always a mad rush to kill it before shields rebuild.
This last room is where some tactics are necessary. This is where the optional objective of destroying the two IMRs (Isolinear Molecular Reconverter) takes place. First, the entire team should clear out the room of any Borg. There are three floors so make sure you get all of the Borg. Next, one person (we will call the Loner) should use the transporter in the center of the room (near the entrance) to transport to another room. Here the Loner will have to disable the shields of the six power nodes.
The rest of the team should go to one of the power nodes (there is one on the left and one on the right of each platform) and listen to what the Borg voice says. It will say something like "Intruder in Alpha 1". The Loner will need to activate symbols on the center console. For Alpha 1 you will activate Symbol 1 and Symbol A. The team can also call out which one they are at (i.e. A1 or 1A for Alpha 1).I suggest doing it in this order:
  • Lower Level - Right
  • Lower Level - Left
  • Middle Level - Right
  • Middle Level - Left
  • Upper Level - Right
  • Upper Level - Left.
As soon as the shields drop around the node, the team of 4 people will attack and destroy it. IGNORE the Borg that beam in. Even after the node is destroyed, just ignore them. Run to the next power node and repeat until all 6 are destroyed. I can't stress this enough, if you want to get the optional objective you will need to ignore the Borg.

source (http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthroug...mer_accord.php); faster to just link it here then type it out.. but thats the gen plan for both Normal and Elite versions.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Career Officer
# 8
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abystander0 View Post
I understand your frustration. I have seen this before, even having some rocket scientists start dropping the shields on the generators while we were still clearing the borg...right on top of us no less. This always causes a failed optional, and more often than not, people getting killed thanks to the spawn ins.

There really doesn't need to be any new drastic mechanic added. Although maybe having the control room be inaccessible while there are any drones alive in the generator room, would be a possible solution.

Reporting people for a properly functioning game mechanic is futile and silly. Although, in my experience, trying to explain to people, or get them out of the control room, can be frustrating.

If you can get the others on your team to cooperate, you can always either join the offender in the control room and have a dance party until they leave....or just back out into the entryway and wait.

For people that run into the control room immediately, you are not being helpful, nor useful. Clear the room with the generators of all borg first, then you can press buttons...and use the extend shields function of the shield control. If you do not know how to extend the shield shutoff, don't go into the control room.

Forgot to mention: this is in regards to the STF Khitomer Accord Ground (Elite)

___
That I agree on as the best solution.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Captain
# 9
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
The odd thing with this is:

The only time any team i've ever been on has beaten the optional at all is if you have somong go into the room straight away and then take the nodes out as you go. It's by far the faster solutuion and the only one i've seen work. Frankly i've given up on ever getting the optional on any of the ground STF's though, the ground STF's are in need of a huge overhaul tbh. Tthen again i can't think of a single ground mission thats well thought out so...
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post

When you trigger the shield power loss on a generator, you will see four drones spawn on one of the six pylons in the room...that pylon will become interact-able after a certain amount of damage has been done to the respective generator. Once you can interact with it, an interaction dialog will appear to the effect of [extend shield power cutoff] or something like that. Hitting that will extend the duration of the time the shield is down, making it easier to blow up the generator.

The pylons (shield controls) are arranged in the control room as follows (from your view as you beam in):

B3 = Back right
A3 = Back left
B2 = Middle right
A2 = Middle left
B1 = Top right
A1 = Top left

(this is the order that 99% of all groups use)

When trying to trigger the shield extension, the borg spawns will try to stop you. These are the normal drones, and don't do a whole lot of damage, though they do have a high knockdown rate. Ideally you should have a knockdown/knockback effect ready when you run to the pylon to trigger the shield extension, so that the drones won't be able to interrupt you from triggering the extension.

These spawns are easy to kill, though it's a waste of time to do so. People should be running from one generator to the next (AND NOT PLAYING WITH THE FREAKING DRONE SPAWNS), and you should be ready to activate the next shield cutoff immediately when they arrive (there will be an voice warning letting you know when someone has entered the designated generator zone).

Once the genrators are destroyed, you may find that the drones are milling about the master control....you may have to clear a few in order to be able to activate the transport.

The people dpsing the generators should have someone running to the first IMR in the hallway, in case you get stuck with having clear away the master control (I also have encountered a strange camera bug, that happens when beaming back that locks the camera view to the side and won't move for like 30 or more seconds.)

After the IMRs are blown, the rest is pretty simple.

An alternate and more efficient pathing for the generator dps group, is A3, B3, B2, A2, B1, A1...this reverses the order of the first two generators, and makes it easier to get to B2 since the distance from B3 is shorter, and doesn't expose you to the possible roots from both groups as you head up the ramp. Though for this method to work (like any other) people need to know the plan ahead of time.

Edit: Someone beat me to it

___

Last edited by abystander0; 10-08-2012 at 03:54 PM.