Captain
# 1 Who cares about the new ships?
10-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Not this guy.

I'm still carrying the banner for a playable Typhoon-class.

Give it it's own special beam weapons, call them Heavy or Large or Dual Beam Arrays, up the damage and power drain.

Battleship > Cruiser in terms of raw firepower and armor, by a large margin.

Come on Cryptic, I'm not the only one that wants a playable Typhoon, as an actual Battleship.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Commander
# 2
10-01-2012, 05:31 AM
I am with you. Give us the Typhoon and Jupiter class ships.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Captain
# 3
10-01-2012, 05:48 AM
I sorta do/don't...

While having the Wells class would be "cool", I've already outfitted all 3 of my main Feds with ships - Sci has Recluse, Engie has Gal-X, Tac has Armitage - so rushing out to invest in any of the lockbox ships isn't exactly high on my priorities list.

Now, my Klingon sci would love to have one, considering the immense pile of choices for dedicated science vessels in the Klingon fleet... However, coming up with the piles of EC needed to buy one, or the (anticipated) zen to get one, doesn't look like it's gonna be worth it / happen for me...

For the record, I invested enough zen for the lobi needed to get the Recluse, and still don't have the matching Orb Weaver. RNG was never kind to me. Fine. It can happen. Which is why I'm not exactly rushing out to try for another 800+ lobi to potentially miss out on this lockboxes ship...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...