Empire Veteran
# 1 Question
10-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Recently started the Klingon faction and must say...i luv it!

However some things are not very clear to me yet. You start out with a random ship like the Feds? I play a tac by the way...or are there actually several to choose from (free ships)?

Also would like to know if, i start anew will it be possible to "store" my active BOFF's with a friend and get them back later after i have made my new character? I love a bit of RP from time to time and i have grown quite fond of the bridge officers i have made!

Last edited by henrik68; 10-01-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Anyone has an answer to this?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-01-2012, 05:55 AM
You don't really start with random, you get a bird of prey, and it has less customization options than the Miranda Feds start out with. But since you start at a promotion level, you can actually upgrade right out of the tutorial, at which point you can pick a battlecruiser, bird of prey, or raptor.

KDF is light on ship customization, though - most Klingon ships have costume options, but a good deal of those are tied to C-store refits. Their allied race ships have none (similar to Fed member race ships, except allied ships are a significant part of the KDF lineup and not just a few ships).
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Ah i see did not know that an pretty much seemed stuck to that BoP or at least that's what i thought! Cool to know that there are more ships to pick, likely i will start anew and take it from there many thanks!

Any idear about my question concerning those BOFF's i already have and really do not want to lose if i start over?
Career Officer
# 5
10-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik68 View Post
Any idear about my question concerning those BOFF's i already have and really do not want to lose if i start over?
After removing ALL the equipment from the BOs in question, they can be 'transfered' to another player in a 'face to face' trade, provided that the receiver is of higher 'rank' then the BOs, and have the empty commissioned BO slots to receive them. (But it better be with someone you trust, as their nothing to prevent the receiver from keeping them...)

Some 'unique' BOs are 'Bind on Equip' and cannot be tranfereed after being commissioned...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 10-01-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-02-2012, 03:45 AM
I thank you!