Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 21
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
I'm not sure why MT or the rest of the SP fleet is scrambling about here. But one thing is forsure, if this were untrue it would of been shrugged off. Just like I will shrug off the claim that apparently I was intoxicated while talking to Naz.

Yes Naz, drinking and STOing is bad.

I'm sorry little Pony, I did not mean to rattle your cage this much. But please remember this topic is for those who are willing not to deal with your monopoly of SN doffs.

Again, in order for this meeting to take place please state your time of availability and we can jot down a general time for convention. Thanks everybody.
I think you and your 3xSNB (lets keep it gentle here) over-using fleet had more business with snb doffs then me.

And for your first post, just drop the matter. Its obivous you dont know how things are going inside the pvp community. Lets just leave it at that, it will be one big failfest.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 217
# 22
10-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Again, in order for this meeting to take place please state your time of availability and we can jot down a general time for convention. Thanks everybody.
No thanks.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
# 23
10-01-2012, 09:34 AM
lol what a tard thread.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 24
10-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
lols I love your signiture mt! its legendary

what about the AMS doff u can get? thats op too...
What are the doffs that affect AMS and Subnuke?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 25
10-01-2012, 09:50 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post

drinking and STOing is bad.


I disagree heavily with this statement.
Some of my most pleasant STO memories involved lots of drinking.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 26
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I do! State a time you can make it and friends.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 881
# 27
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
This thread is going downhill fast.

To stay on topic though, I don't think any "treaty" is needed with the recent changes. I might change my mind again, but only after I've seen the new changes in action. On paper it sounds good to me, but the increased proc rate, how it decides which buffs to strip, and how the 30s immunity plays out adds up to quite a few variables that will need to be play tested. There are many instances where you can instantly tell how powerful something is by looking at the stats, but this is not one of those times.

On another note, wasn't it 106th that was against nerfing the SNB doffs in the first place? And now after testing the doffs out with 106th you think they are so broken that we need to agree to some kind of non-proliferation treaty? Have they changed their minds then?

Last edited by hurleybird; 10-01-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 28
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
This thread is going downhill fast.

To stay on topic though, I don't think any "treaty" is needed with the recent changes. I might change my mind again, but only after I've seen the new changes in action. On paper it sounds good to me, but the increased proc rate, how it decides which buffs to strip, and how the 30s immunity plays out adds up to quite a few variables that will need to be play tested. There are quite a few instances where you can tell how powerful something is by looking at the stats, but this is not one of those times.

On another note, wasn't it 106th that was against nerfing the SNB doffs in the first place? And now after testing the doffs out with 106th think they are so broken that we need to agree to some kind of non-proliferation treaty? Have they changed their minds then?
The 106th is not a PvP fleet. Their fleet is PvE and role play oriented. However, we have been working with them to create another pvp fleet to join the community. In other words, fresh blood into the queues. A general favor for not only the 106th but everyone else that PvPs. It was upon testing it with them, that not only were we astonished to the effects of these doffs with ONLY EIGHT, that something needed to be said.

Now the Pandas may slam this, because it goes against all the time and effort they put into getting those doffs to control the queues in their favor. However, we too have them but are humble enough to offer the community an agreement not to use them.

That's what this is all about. Getting together and working out the kinks that cause people to not have fun while playing this game. Ultimately, the Devs are to blame. Having a quarrel with a "God" is futile in my opinion, we should work around it and decide for ourselves how PvP should be.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,340
# 29
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
I'm not sure why MT or the rest of the SP fleet is scrambling about here. But one thing is forsure, if this were untrue it would of been shrugged off. Just like I will shrug off the claim that apparently I was intoxicated while talking to Naz.

Yes Naz, drinking and STOing is bad. Write me up a ticket.

I'm sorry little Pony, I did not mean to rattle your cage this much. But please remember this topic is for those who are willing not to deal with your monopoly of SN doffs.

Again, in order for this meeting to take place please state your time of availability and we can jot down a general time for convention. Thanks everybody.
Drunk refers to your state of mind whilst conversing and memory recollection
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 881
# 30
10-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Now the Pandas may slam this, because it goes against all the time and effort they put into getting those doffs to control the queues in their favor.
I've never equipped a SNB doff, and if you think that fleets like SP or TSI need SNB doffs to control the queues you're deluding yourself. It's this attitude -- coming up with scapegoats for losing instead of looking at the reality of the situation -- is what keeps Kirks from becoming decent PvPers, and it also keeps decent PvPers from becoming extraordinary ones.


Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
However, we too have them but are humble enough to offer the community an agreement not to use them.
But why when they are about to be fundamentally changed? This is what doesn't make sense. We can't make that kind of determination until we see the new values in action. If it's a matter of not wanting them to be used in the coming SP/106th match, then just declare a rule against using them -- we have after all agreed to abide by the rules they set, like we do for pretty much any match.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 AM.